Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Powerquest (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerquest-49/)
-   -   New to this brand... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerquest/360756-new-brand.html)

F14A water jet 05-21-2019 07:57 AM

New to this brand...

I am moving/living on Perido Key (Pensacola), Florida. I want a nice lookin go-fast twin, 65mph boat for Gulf of Mexico and Key West cruising. It must have a inside head (wife insists).
Any recommendations?
Thanks,
Tom

J-Bonz 05-21-2019 08:25 AM

I think a powerquest is a great boat for what your wanting to do with it!

F14A water jet 05-21-2019 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by J-Bonz (Post 4687832)
I think a powerquest is a great boat for what your wanting to do with it!

I'm looking for a sporty looking 30' in the $25k range...I understand age (I have older cars)...but looking for a well-maintained boat.
Thanks

Knot 4 Me 05-21-2019 11:55 AM

The only twin engine PQ in the 30' range in your price range is going to be older (early- mid 90's) 290 Enticers.

rak rua 05-21-2019 08:03 PM

Why do you want a twin?
More fuel, hard to work on, double the service, two drives to maintain, a little bit more speed...... A well maintained single you can rely on, there's plenty out there, will get you on the water in comfort and will still achieve the speed you're after.

Not trying to talk you out of twin power, just suggesting that singles are good too. :)

RR

Drock78 05-21-2019 08:10 PM

If hes trying to run to key west no way I'd do it with a single. That's alot of open gulf. I agree with 290 enticer

rak rua 05-21-2019 08:15 PM

Fair comment.
Engines shouldn't just stop for no reason, maintenance is the key but there is some security in twins. I'm also not familiar with the waters.

RR

F14A water jet 05-21-2019 09:07 PM

I appreciate the comments! I recognize the single/dual engine conundrum...BUT I am looking at this boat as more of a fast GT (car...like an AMG) not a Hayabusa (motorcycle). I am kinda used to two engines and additional complexity/thirst...I was a Tomcat RIO (Goose from the movie Top Gun).

Sunny32SSR 05-21-2019 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by F14A water jet (Post 4687931)
I appreciate the comments! I recognize the single/dual engine conundrum...BUT I am looking at this boat as more of a fast GT (car...like an AMG) not a Hayabusa (motorcycle). I am kinda used to two engines and additional complexity/thirst...I was a Tomcat RIO (Goose from the movie Top Gun).

goose died due to a bad ejection which was caused by a flameout and an uncontrollable spin. Go with twins. Easier to recover.

F14A water jet 05-22-2019 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sunny32SSR (Post 4687947)

goose died due to a bad ejection which was caused by a flameout and an uncontrollable spin. Go with twins. Easier to recover.

Goose died because he did not follow the ejection boldface emergency procedure for a flat spin which requires that you manually jettison the canopy before pulling the ejection handle.
And since these boats do not come with ejection seats...I'm looking for twin motors.