Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Powerquest (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerquest-49/)
-   -   Boat is at PowerQuest (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerquest/61019-boat-powerquest.html)

Jan 10-09-2003 07:05 AM

Boat is at PowerQuest

I pulled my 1997 260 to PQ for the repair of the cracks that I had on my top deck on the 26th of Sept. PQ is replacing the whole top deck. While they are fixing the boat a few extras are being added. Boat will be returned to me shrink wrapped with a Windscreen, pull out cleats, passenger footrest, suspended headliner, painted dash panels and custom paint on the new deck. (It will be like opening a Christmas present):D :D
It took a while for PQ and my self to agree on a course of action on my boat, but as most everyone told me that has dealt with the factory “they always do the right thing”. I can’t wait to see the boat.

Thank you,
Jack Moll (owner of PQ)
Mandi
Mark
Rick

I will post pics of boat once it is delivered.

Jan

BillR 10-09-2003 07:11 AM

I knew you would get taken care of too.

Their customer service is the best I've EVER seen. Plus the people at PQ are good, honest people that care. A rarity these days.

Vyper340 10-09-2003 08:20 AM

Ditto, BillR!

Kentz 10-09-2003 10:45 AM

That's great!, but you forgot to mention the new 525:D ::D

Jan 10-09-2003 11:16 AM

Originally posted by Kentz
That's great!, but you forgot to mention the new 525:D ::D
Kentz, I turn 40 in January, I think my present to me will be shipping the motor to Tyler Crockett. I talked with him last week about his 100hp/100lbs kit for 454/502 mag motors.

So you were not to far off:D :D

Jan

ROGMAN 10-09-2003 08:14 PM

I had my 280 there last year for some warranty work. The customer service that PQ provides is top notch. Other manufactures should take notes. Like you, I got my boat delivered to me shrink wrapped. That is a great day when you get it back.
Good luck

Gary C 10-10-2003 07:54 AM

Jan,
That sounds great! I have a question, what is a suspended head liner? I also put in the passenger foot rest I also just added one on the otherside for me. It's really nice for those rough days you can really brace yourself in the seat. Plus I'm a short **** at 5'9" :) The windscreen is a really nice look! But my wife likes the windshield Oh well:) Good luck with all the goodies. I'm also liking the motorwork part!

Jan 10-10-2003 09:39 AM

Gary, on mine the headliner is carpet glued to the underside of the deck. The suspended headliner is vinyl that attaches to the sides and to a piece of wood that is run down the middle of the deck, much nicer look.

I know I will miss the windshield every once in a while, but with the look of a wind screen and not having to clean hand prints off of glass will be worth it.

Venomous 10-10-2003 12:00 PM

I saw your boat outside the factory. The deck is off and the hull is shrink wrapped to keep water out. Just thought I would give you an update. BTW it's sunny here today.:D

enticer 10-10-2003 08:23 PM

YEP..the factory is top notch...always has been. And always have treated me right...........even on the new 380 I just bought. Can't even think of anything negative....I didn't even mind the extra time they took....it all still came out 100% fine