Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Powerquest (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerquest-49/)
-   -   PQ vs Baja (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerquest/61533-pq-vs-baja.html)

Lucky 10-15-2003 09:50 PM

PQ vs Baja

OK Guys,

Why should I buy the Baja 275 with 496HO instead of the PQ 260 Legend with 496HO.

I need help deciding if there is any real and major reason to pick one boat over the other.

Family boating on Lake St. Clair is basic usage.

Thanks,

Dave

Venomous 10-16-2003 06:31 AM

I do not think you can go wrong with either boat but I would choose the PQ. Engine is through bolted through the stringers on aluminium racing plates and not lagged bolted. Customer/ factory service is top notch. Typically PQ's are faster than other boats with the same power. You can customize the boat anyway you want it. Hard to do on a mass produced boat. Resale value is good especially in Michigan. I have a PQ and have not had any major issues. The boat is put together well.

If you are looking at a 260 Legend w/ 496 Mag HO I would also look at the 280 Silencer w/ 496 Mag HO. You might be able to find a left over 2003 and get a great deal and spend the same on the 280 as you would a brand new 260. You can also get a ski/ tow ring on the 280 so you will still be able to pull an inner tube behind the boat for family fun.

BillR 10-16-2003 10:33 AM

Soild nice boats.
Ride quality is far superior to a Baja.
Customer service is amongst the best in the industry. Try to call Baja and speak with a human.

jmackin 10-16-2003 12:22 PM

I have owned a baja and 2-pqs. No comparison in my opinion. I would place pq closer to formula quality than a baja.

Fast Forward 10-16-2003 09:38 PM

We bought our used PQ 2 years ago and looked at Baja's as well as the Formulas. I've always loved formula and even was working a deal on one when we ran across the PQ. Took both out and settled on the PQ.
Quality is A-1!! And as far as customer service I can't say enough positive things, they are 1st class all the way! And by the way nearly the same boat and engine setup and the PQ was 12mph faster than the formula.

Lucky 10-17-2003 08:17 AM

Thanks for the input guys. Yes I am starting to look at the 280 Silencer since it is more of a match to the Baja 275. I have dealer trying to find an '03 left over.

Keep the comments coming. We boat on Lake St. Clair where the water just bounces up and down so every foot makes a difference.

Vyper340 10-17-2003 10:23 AM

Email Mandi Brower or Mark Winia at PQ. They can help you and the dealer find one.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Enticer Rick 10-17-2003 11:12 AM

Had a Baja before my PQ. I have to say the ride, fit and finish and graphics are just a few things I prefer over Baja. Great customer service. I have a 2000 28 Silencer
i bought new. I also boat on Lake St Clair and I've only seen one other Silencer. Dockrocker (board member) owned it but he sold it a few years ago. Sorta cool havin the only Silencer. Probably one more year with it then I'll be looking for A Avenger .

nitro/max 10-18-2003 11:27 PM

Performance Marine in Oshkosh Wisconsin has a 2003 28 Silencer left. It has the 496HO in it. Nice looking boat. Just to let you know.

Lucky 10-19-2003 11:57 AM

Originally posted by nitro/max
Performance Marine in Oshkosh Wisconsin has a 2003 28 Silencer left. It has the 496HO in it. Nice looking boat. Just to let you know.
Nitro,

Do you have contact name and number?

Do you know what they are asking or what they will let
it go for?

You can pm if you want.

Dave