?? Best prop for 275 baja >

?? Best prop for 275 baja

Notices

?? Best prop for 275 baja

Old 04-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?? Best prop for 275 baja

The boat has the 496 ho 425 hp, I have a 4 blade bravo 22p now. I keep hearing about similar size boats that run a solid 70 and cruise in the mid 40's. I seem to cruise comfortably at 35 at top out at 62 on gps. I took some advice from the board last year to get more top end by lightening up the boat. the best i've seen was 66 with 3 people little gas, no extras on board, but thats not how i use the boat. I also notice this boat doesn't respond well to trim. I was thinking going to a 24 and having it labbed. Am I going in the right direction? thanks for the input. I am also interested in what kind of lift characteristics the different props have on this model boat.
Thanks for any input.
John
Old 04-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ?? Best prop for 275 baja

Hello John,

Can you please give us more specific information about your boat.

What is your WOT RPM
What is your WOT MPH (gps)
What drive and gear ratio?

With a little information I am sure that we can get you dialed in.

Julie
Old 04-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile Re: ?? Best prop for 275 baja

There are certain props that are "the" prop for your boat. The one you have isn't it. However there are things that can most definately be done to help the one you have perform better. I wouldn't go get a 24 Labbed just yet.

Brett Anderson / BBLADES Professional Propellers
Old 04-13-2005, 07:35 AM
Registered

The drive is Bravo 1X 1.50 ratio
WOT MPH (gps) 62 on any day
WOT RPM 5000-5100 ( I don't have a lot of faith in the tach. On several occasions going through no wake zones it has read 1700-1800 rpm with the throttle pulled all the way back throwing no wake at all)

Brett,
I agree with what your saying. The only thing I like about the prop I have now is it gets on plane real quick and with ease. bfd.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year is your hull, please.

Julie
Old 04-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Registered

The hull is a 2002
thanks
Old 04-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

The Baja bottom configuration hasn't really changed in years. The slip you are running isn't too bad either. Rpm is good for a 496 HO. Your options lie in raising the pitch while maintaining rpm. Labbed 24 Bravo 1. Or moving to a different prop which changes the attitude of the boat. Either way, 8mph out of a prop on your boat with this power will be hard to get.

You mention other similar boats running 70mph. Are you talking about a 275 Baja with a 496HO or something close? If it is a Baja, talk to them about their set up.

Brett Anderson / BLADES Professional Propellers
Old 04-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Registered

One more maybe stupid question. Is labbed, and balanced and blue printed the same thing? And two, Do you have a prop exchange program? and three Do you work with dealers? Millenium Marine in my area said I more than welcome to try some of his props as long as I ordered through him.
thank you
Old 04-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Theoretically, they are all the same thing. However, different places do things differently. Lab Finishing has become a term used like "Kleenex" is to tissue.

Lab Finishing is short for 'Labratory Finishing". The term was generated by my old boss Dennis Cavanaugh back in the 60's with Bob Hetzel. Since then anybody and everybody use it however they want to. Technically there is a specific Lab Finish for Mercury propellers and other brands and or people have their own way to "blueprint" their props.

When you say work with dealers, I'm not sure what you mean. Buy box stock from him and we Lab Finish it?

We will work with you on exchanges within reason. If we are off by pitch is one thing. What do you mean?

Brett Anderson / BBLADES Professional Propellers
Old 04-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

I think you can get away with a Mirage on you Baja(no steps?). If so you may loose a little handling, but if you can get on plane your boat will definantly run faster with a three blade Mirage than a four blade Bravo. I have a stepped 30' and cant get on plane with a three blade, plus I need the lift of the Bravo, you may not. Talk to some other owners of similar boats, maybe in the owners forum and find out what they run. If you can turn a 23 or 25 pitch Mirage you minght be in the high 60's ballpark.......

Quick Reply: ?? Best prop for 275 baja

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.