Prop testing update >

Prop testing update

Notices

Prop testing update

Old 05-25-2005, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Prop testing update

Did a little more testing today. Unfortunately water was very flat so my speed numbers were down a bit, but that is not my concern. My concern is all three props caused some chine walking.

The Turbo 1 is the most efficient but walks the most. The Viper was actually a touch faster and rock steady in 2' chop but a little slower in calm water and still more steady. I also tried a Solas high Rake Titan but they accidentally sent me a 22 instead of a 24. Can't really compare it cause i couldn't trim it out but it felt similar to the Viper.

My boat is known for chine walking in calm water(go figure). I would love to find a prop that is as effiecient as the Turbo 1 but more stable. At first I thought my stern was being lifted too much but now I am not sure. Now I'm just plain confused! Should I try a 4 blade prop?

Also, the more weight I put in the back seat of the boat the more stable it gets. My brother moved from the front to the back and even that made a difference.

Refresher: Four Winns Unlimited 191, 19' long, 7' beam, 3000 lbs., Volvo GXi(320hp) and a Volvo SX drive.