Notices

Bravo III XR prop-set

Old 04-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Thanks!

Let me know when they are coming. Also, we will have to go over the current numbers and goals with a fine tooth comb again.

Talk to you soon.

Brett
Old 04-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Thanks!

Let me know when they are coming. Also, we will have to go over the current numbers and goals with a fine tooth comb again.

Talk to you soon.

Brett
Don't give up on me. Boat's back and the props are in the garage ready to be packed. I've had a sick kiddo home this week so I'm behind, but the boat's nice and cleaned up!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Smile

NP we'll work together when your ready.

Brett
Old 04-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
NP we'll work together when your ready.

Brett
I haven't been able to catch you by phone but the props are on the way. Email sent as well.

Have a great weekend.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Smile

Got it, we'll watch for them.

Brett
Old 05-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Registered

Well how did they perform? I've read this thread with great interest, because I have a B3 with 28's and am looking to step up to 30's and was wondering how well the labbed props worked out for you.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Wow, this thread is a blast from the past. I ended up sending my propset to Brett back in the spring of 2006 and he worked his magic on them. They still look and perform great after 260 hours. Interesting info on the standard 4 x 3 sets that are available now.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SeaRay Jim
I haven't been able to catch you by phone but the props are on the way. Email sent as well.

Have a great weekend.
Jim,
Did you get your props back? I'm in the process of getting some 30p props on my boat and was wondering how well you like the labbed props, and how well they performed.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by gierrmo
Jim,
Did you get your props back? I'm in the process of getting some 30p props on my boat and was wondering how well you like the labbed props, and how well they performed.
Sorry, I haven't kept up with this thread and just today got a notice that it had been replied to.

Yes, I did get them back. I haven't had it out as much as I'd like but as far as the work done, they're great. It's really the first real attempt to get my boat dialed in so it's not perfect but I'm still very surprised at the improvements. The only thing I'm fighting is that I had a few hundred RPM I was missing at the top end and it was a ?? whether the first round would get that ROM, maintain the same RPM or lose a little more. So far, it looks like I may have lost 100-200 RPM but everywhere else from idle up actually improved.

So planing is still great (normal load, 4-5 seconds maybe) and even smoother and I actually gained a little cruise speed. However, although it looks like I may have lost a little RPM, WOT speed appears to be about the same.

Once I get more time with them I'll decide if getting what maybe 300-500 RPM on top, is worth what I may trade off. It appears I'm kind of in between pitch with this one and might have done better starting with 28's and going up. When first built, it hit the rev limiter at 5600 with stock 28's in ideal conditions.

I came across some BIII XR's in 28p that I almost grabbed just to try them, which may have been a good application but we'll see. It's performing great and does everything I need plus more and this year is running overall better than ever as I got rid of a few minor gremlins so I'm just trying to get on the water and enjoy it.

If you're going up to 30's, I assume you are under propped with 28's or have added power and can spin a bigger pitch?
Old 07-24-2010, 06:29 AM
Registered

That's interesting that the WOT stayed the same or lost and they were labbed..

Quick Reply: Bravo III XR prop-set

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.