Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Prop Talk (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/prop-talk-165/)
-   -   Re Finish Prop (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/prop-talk/144660-re-finish-prop.html)

30 outlaw 2005 11-08-2006 03:34 PM

Re Finish Prop

What is a ball park cost to Re finish a set of Bravo 1's couple of small nicks and needs to be polished?

bbladesprops 11-09-2006 09:56 AM

Re: Re Finish Prop

Without seeing them makes the estimate tough. It's like asking the body shop to quote you on the fender bender you had on the way to work. You really need to see it first.

Figure a average of $160 per prop for "minor" repairs and balance and buffing.

We always call with a accurate estimate before starting the work when requested.

30 outlaw 2005 11-13-2006 01:24 PM

Thanks for the info.

Anarchy Powerboats 12-06-2006 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Without seeing them makes the estimate tough. It's like asking the body shop to quote you on the fender bender you had on the way to work. You really need to see it first.

Figure a average of $160 per prop for "minor" repairs and balance and buffing.

We always call with a accurate estimate before starting the work when requested.

If I sent ya pics would it help? I have a couple as well and I need a back up set but those will be labbed.....

bbladesprops 12-07-2006 09:51 AM

Yes we can be pretty accurate with pictures. But the true decision requires seeing the actual propellers. We would never begin the repairs without conformation from the owners and a agreed upon quote.

camptappakeg69 12-07-2006 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I too need some prop work as well, how much does shipping usually run. Only have have one. looks to be a hydromotive I think. All blades have damage that looks like was repaired with a hammer at a boat ramp...... :D

Pics don't really show the damage that well

Thanks

bbladesprops 12-08-2006 10:08 AM

Shipping varies with the weight and the carrier. We have contracts with UPS and DHL so the shipping costs are low.

I have found the US postal service to be a inexpensive alternative. Figure in the $8-$20 range depending on weight and distance.

StillHaulin@63 12-08-2006 10:57 AM

Hey BBLADES

How much would you charge to lab finish a B1-24p in perfect condition?

bbladesprops 12-08-2006 11:14 AM

$320 plus shipping.

Lead times are currently in the 1-2 week time frame.

Thanks

camptappakeg69 12-08-2006 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Shipping varies with the weight and the carrier. We have contracts with UPS and DHL so the shipping costs are low.

I have found the US postal service to be a inexpensive alternative. Figure in the $8-$20 range depending on weight and distance.

Thanks will be in touch after the holidays, have untill april before floating it again