Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Prop Talk (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/prop-talk-165/)
-   -   Switching prop rotation..... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/prop-talk/193025-switching-prop-rotation.html)

rangerrick63 08-11-2008 04:31 PM

Switching prop rotation.....

I am currently running a RH Bravo 1 26 & I am switching to a Hydromotive LH P5X 24.
My question, do I have to do anything more than just changing the cables around on the shifter to make the rotation swap?
I appreciate the input....

Griff 08-11-2008 11:58 PM

You need to reverse the cable connections at the shift bracket on the engine.

The boat may not like a LH prop.

rangerrick63 08-12-2008 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2651134)
You need to reverse the cable connections at the shift bracket on the engine.

The boat may not like a LH prop.

At the shift bracket, or the shifter itself?

I've been told that by switching over to a LH prop, it will eliminate the "port list" caused by the engine torque. I have to drag the port tab to correct it right now, & I'm hoping to stop having to drag it.

Ran-Dom 32 08-12-2008 10:10 AM

I've always done it at the shifter itself,

Carder 08-12-2008 10:14 AM

you will either get more or less "stbd list" with the lefty...
...compared to the "port list."

Why not try the prop 1st, before going to the trouble of cable switching? Your shifter will simply work oppositely.
If you get less list, you can always switch the cables later...
...but you may get more list!

CNC 08-13-2008 12:38 PM

I had heard that 29 single fountians run a lefty is this correct and why? I am runnng a P5X 31 LH on my Baja single, lists to stbd, once on plane and trimmed out no problem.

bbladesprops 08-14-2008 08:41 PM

Alot of 29 Fountains run LH props to correct the list.

On the Baja, you should run a RH prop.

ZXXX Donzi 08-15-2008 12:08 AM

It is probably worth a shot. From what I hear some boats love it and some hate it.

I went to a LH prop on my X-18. It is a LH drive but that should not make too much difference if the boat is equally loaded right? In this case wrong. The boat loved it and loved it at all power settings. The change on the throttle took me about 30 minutes. I could probably do it in 15 now. I do have a Livorsi side throttle so yours will bee different but I don't see it being too hard.

CNC 08-18-2008 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by bbladesprops (Post 2653954)
Alot of 29 Fountains run LH props to correct the list.

On the Baja, you should run a RH prop.

Out of curosity why not Baja but ok for Fountian? What prop would you recommend? As you can see I am running much more power than the boat was designed for, I am running stock length lower but on the build sheet on my Sport 25 it says raised 1.5" in X. I have full hyd steering Hydro nosecone. 4 baldes wee blowing out.
I got a deal on the P5X LH she does list to starboard at slower speeds (just like it did to port w/RH) but levels out at speed on plane.

Randy

txriverrat2001 08-18-2008 08:22 AM

It's at the shifter where you need to make the change. You can't change anything on the shift bracket to change rotation.