Prop For Pulling Toys >

Prop For Pulling Toys

Notices

Prop For Pulling Toys

Old 05-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop For Pulling Toys

Little opposite for this forum but I hope with all the prop knowlege on here someone can help. I'm looking for a prop to use when I pull small kids on a tube or pull wake boarders. I have a 24ft VIP Vindicator probably around 4000lbs with a single 496HO. Right now I have a 24p 4blade(reworked to 23p) which works well all around but I'm not on plain at the speed a need to be(20MPH)for pulling toys. I don't care about anything but getting out of the hole quickly and holding low speed while using this prop. Thinking of buying a Merc High Five 19p. Does this sound about right or does anyone have other suggestions? Thanks.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by vindicator101
Little opposite for this forum but I hope with all the prop knowlege on here someone can help. I'm looking for a prop to use when I pull small kids on a tube or pull wake boarders. I have a 24ft VIP Vindicator probably around 4000lbs with a single 496HO. Right now I have a 24p 4blade(reworked to 23p) which works well all around but I'm not on plain at the speed a need to be(20MPH)for pulling toys. I don't care about anything but getting out of the hole quickly and holding low speed while using this prop. Thinking of buying a Merc High Five 19p. Does this sound about right or does anyone have other suggestions? Thanks.
turbo 2+2th,all my customers use this prop for water fun,,great hole shot and keeps the boat on plane at lower speeds..

i reccomend a 22 pitch..
http://www.turbo-props.com/products/...th-series_th22
Old 05-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
turbo 2+2th,all my customers use this prop for water fun,,great hole shot and keeps the boat on plane at lower speeds..

i reccomend a 22 pitch..
http://www.turbo-props.com/products/...th-series_th22
Thanks for the info.... But wow, 22 pitch? I wouldn't have thought that big. Even if I don't exacly jump out of the hole now with the 23p? Is it possible to go too small in pitch? If so, what would happen, bow out?
Old 05-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

I would look at the 19-21 Revolution 4. These props will get you on plane quick with little bow rise and not compromise top speed by that much. You will be able to stay on plane at the lowest speeds you have seen. I think testing one will help you to decide what fits your boating style and goals. Call us and we can answer more questions and send you a prop to test without having to buy it. We also have the 2+2 props for testing but, I think you'll like the bigger diameter of the Revolution 4.

Brett

Last edited by bbladesprops; 05-11-2010 at 09:07 PM. Reason: couldn't spell speed correctly
Old 05-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Registered

Thanks Brett, I'll call this week... Keith
Old 05-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Registered

Bblades, called and talked to Brad today, he got me set up with one to test. Thanks, Keith

Last edited by vindicator101; 05-14-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Let us know how the testing goes.

Brett