Rogue project. Looking for suggestions >

Rogue project. Looking for suggestions

Notices

Rogue project. Looking for suggestions

Old 07-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rogue project. Looking for suggestions

Hi..I have a 1989 25 ft Rogue, with the 330 horse 454...Bought the boat without a drive. I've installed a 1.50 Bravo 1 on it...Any recommendations for a prop for this thing? Thinking 21 or 23 p something? I put on my 19 p aluminum spare from my other boat just to see if everything was working. 32.8 mph at 4500, with gobs of throttle left, so it really told me nothing prop wise...I have a 25 p that I'm going to try when I get the waterpump back on(another story ha ha), but I'm thinking I won't be able to spin it...Thanks in advance, and this is an awesome site by the way!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Den P
Hi..I have a 1989 25 ft Rogue, with the 330 horse 454...Bought the boat without a drive. I've installed a 1.50 Bravo 1 on it...Any recommendations for a prop for this thing? Thinking 21 or 23 p something? I put on my 19 p aluminum spare from my other boat just to see if everything was working. 32.8 mph at 4500, with gobs of throttle left, so it really told me nothing prop wise...I have a 25 p that I'm going to try when I get the waterpump back on(another story ha ha), but I'm thinking I won't be able to spin it...Thanks in advance, and this is an awesome site by the way!
A 21 Mirage would be great on that boat! I'm assuming you have a Cruisers Rogue. If so those are cool old boats that have nice lines, there used to be a few on my lake when they were new. Your boat should see 55 mph with the 330 in it.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Registered

That's the one ha ha! Appreciate the feedback...as far as the prop, just gotta find one now. I've seen a few of those on cl, but they were bigger ones...I would need like a 14 1/2 -15 inch diameter? I thought it had kinda cool lines too for an oldie. Wasn't even looking for a boat, but I pretty much stole this thing, and when I got digging into it, it wasn't nearly as bad as it looked ha ha! Just needs some tweeks and will have to take care of a couple sun cracks over the winter...I was wondering what the top end might be with this. She seems pretty heavy. That feeling will most likely go away a bit if she's propped right...Oh-anyone got a mirage for sale?
Old 07-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Registered

Found a Mirage 14 X 23..Would I be able to turn this thing? Help! Thanks! Den