prop testing after 2yr project. >

prop testing after 2yr project.

Notices

prop testing after 2yr project.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop testing after 2yr project.

ok I got a ext box with konrad ace xfactor drive, boats a SABER 28. after studying boat heights for a while, I decided to go with a 17 1/2'' X dim = 3'' propshaft height. to day was Dday. the props are px5 30 and a herring 32 5 blade, b1 32. today I ran the 30, forgot the others. the boat came on plane with k planes down, trimmed down. once on plane if I trimmed out a little it would porpoise like it had to much bow lift and dropping the bow. so tomorrow I will try the 32s, the herring is more a stern lifting prop. so does anyone think I am wrong and am loosing bow lift. if I raise the k planes its bad. I feel if there was not enough bow lift it wouldn't get on plane so easy. I will buy spacers if the herring does not work either. but my friend is running at 3 3/8'' on a sutphen 31 hull. he has a imco shortie that I told him it worked great on my 24ol. both sut and ol did not have a box. any thoughts before I go out in the am hahaha. oh these are props I had come across so I would have a starting point. if Brett can work on one of these great. otherwise I will do the program if he does lg pitch props. I know all 3 were worked on, which could be the problem . I just wanted to run this beast after 2yrs of putting it together.BRETT I post what happens tomorrow. Art

Last edited by AIR TIME; 10-08-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Yes of course we sell and work on Hydromotive, Hering and Mercury propellers for years.

One thing everbody who is testing with various propellers needs to look at is what backround each propeller has. Is the prop truely box stock or has it been worked or even repaired prior. The best route is testing true stock propellers first to determine the correct recipe going forward.

Testing propellers that have been Lab Finished by BBLADES for another boat is really a inaccurate method unless the specifics of the original build are discussed with BBLADES staff. I have seen other recent threads mentioning testing a variety of pre worked props. Be sure to investigate the propellers history before making any decisions.

At BBLADES we have mastered the art of building specific to the boat. Untill a few years back. Most companies only had Labbed and non Labbed. Purchasing pre Labbed props is good but not always great.

Let us know how the testing goes.

Brett
Old 10-10-2011, 08:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Yes of course we sell and work on Hydromotive, Hering and Mercury propellers for years.

One thing everbody who is testing with various propellers needs to look at is what backround each propeller has. Is the prop truely box stock or has it been worked or even repaired prior. The best route is testing true stock propellers first to determine the correct recipe going forward.

Testing propellers that have been Lab Finished by BBLADES for another boat is really a inaccurate method unless the specifics of the original build are discussed with BBLADES staff. I have seen other recent threads mentioning testing a variety of pre worked props. Be sure to investigate the propellers history before making any decisions.

At BBLADES we have mastered the art of building specific to the boat. Untill a few years back. Most companies only had Labbed and non Labbed. Purchasing pre Labbed props is good but not always great.

Let us know how the testing goes.

Brett
thanks Brett, well I ran all 3 props and have decided the drive set up is too HIGH. I need to take a better measurement of my X. to make sure its at 3''. if so I am going to use a 1'' spacer, and pray hahahaha.. with the set back of the box my drive thinks its a 1'' lower. but not sure if I will have the time now. BRETT I'll call you to see what to try when I get the spacer in. I feel a 6 blade would be a waste of time. I got on plane with all 3 props but the b132 was slipping the most bow would run high and fall if I raised the 280k planes at all. same with herring that had no cup and looks like the px5 that slipped too. px5 was the best. but had to run k planes down. so it must be the height. also since the kplanes won't bury the bow? wish it was may.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Smile

I agree your "X" is too high.
Let us know how things go.

Brett
Old 10-10-2011, 07:20 PM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Artie were are you testing? Get me some photo's of the transom. Is the bottom blueprinted? Let me know. Jeb
Old 11-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Registered

well we tried different heights with spacers, and the ride stayed the same. so its got to be prop and balance. I need to find a p5 to see if the bow will settle down. plus I will put 400 lbs of sand in it this sunday. up to haha. worst case if sand works build new gas tank for cockpit floor. and next fall remove old new tank so we can move the motor 6 to 8'' ,for better balance. anyone with a p5 or hydro 4 blade I can borrow?
Old 11-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Smile

PM sent.

Brett