1000 rpm from labbing? >

1000 rpm from labbing?

Notices

1000 rpm from labbing?

Old 07-26-2013, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
LOVE seeing a guy go faster and after this test he should know what prop his boat really needs and can have BBlades or CE lab his own 30 or build him the right prop, Smitty
You're a good guy Smitty, but the important thing is Will You Be Ready For HotBoat!?
Old 08-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

VERY interesting results, 98 Fever found some smaller pulleys that gave him 5-6 psi of boost , in back to back testing he tried a CE labbed 28 that I have, a Merc labbed 30 that I had BBlades work on a few years back and his box stock 30 Merc .
He saw 78 mph with the CE turning around 5300/5400 (too small)
He saw 80-81 mph with the Merc labbed bblades tuned 30 at 5300
And DRUM roll- the box stock Merc 30 kicked BOTH there azzes with 83-84 mph at 5100
I am actually shocked, I was sure the 30 labbed would kick the stock 30's azz, especially since his motor made peak power on the dyno higher than any of these turned!!!
I also have a merc 30 labbed that was tuned up by CE last year that is typically 4+ mph faster than the other 30 he tested when run on my own boat, I had to keep this prop when he did his testing so I would have something to use on my own boat if I wanted to go out.
This brings up SEVERAL questions-does my tweaked 30 labbed suck so bad that a stock 30 can kick its ass?
Would my boat go any faster with a unlabbed 30?
Has my labbed 30 lost some pitch over time to where it slowed down??
I have a vast collection of props from 32's down, BUT in my collection I never bought a stock merc un-labbed 30 since my own boat has always went faster with labbed props.
This fall at hot boat weekend I am going to let 98 fever try my faster CE tweaked 30 and I am going to try his stock 30 and see what happens. I am also going to send my slower 30 out to BBlades or CE and have it checked/tweaked a little since it is slower than my other one and slower than a stock 30 (at least on a 27 fountain), I love this stuff and can't wait to do some more testing!! Smitty