Another Rev 4 question >

Another Rev 4 question

Notices

Another Rev 4 question

Old 08-16-2017, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another Rev 4 question

So I read somewhere on OSO something to the effect that a Revolution 4 Prop may have greater pitch compared to a Bravo 1. Maybe what they were trying to say is that RPM will be lower running a Rev 4 compared to a Bravo 1 of the same pitch. Not sure why this would be unless rev 4 has greater surface area/cupping?

Asking because i want to give the Rev 4 another try. I am currently running a Bravo 1 24p and can spin it up to 4800rpm. I have a line on a 23p Rev 4 and I would expect that I would get a slight increase in RPM with the decrease in pitch but not sure. There's nothing particularly wrong with the Bravo 1 other than some porpoising.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A 23p Rev4 is closer RPM And pitch wise to a 26p Bravo. The Pitch on the Bravos is just way off
Old 08-17-2017, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpm540
So I read somewhere on OSO something to the effect that a Revolution 4 Prop may have greater pitch compared to a Bravo 1. Maybe what they were trying to say is that RPM will be lower running a Rev 4 compared to a Bravo 1 of the same pitch. Not sure why this would be unless rev 4 has greater surface area/cupping?

Asking because i want to give the Rev 4 another try. I am currently running a Bravo 1 24p and can spin it up to 4800rpm. I have a line on a 23p Rev 4 and I would expect that I would get a slight increase in RPM with the decrease in pitch but not sure. There's nothing particularly wrong with the Bravo 1 other than some porpoising.
I've recently played around with several Rev 4 props. They do not have a greater pitch than what is stated, but they do have a much greater surface area and thus feel as if it has more pitch. They hold the water very well, and because of their diameter and long barrel are very responsive to trim and will hold the bow up with minimal trim.

A 19" Rev 4 will pull the same MPH as a 21" Mirage or Laser II at the same rpm. Basically the slip is significantly less.

For your application I'd go from a 24" Bravo to a 21" Rev 4 and see how it goes. They require some torque to spin and you will notice it going into gear.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:26 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Bravo 1's are about a inch lower in pitch than marked. However they are 3/8" bigger in diameter than the Rev 4. B1's are only 15" although advertised at 15.25").
Each prop has its merits for sure. Some are.....B1's respond to Lab work better and Rev 4' have more trim reaction out of the box.
There's a lot more to the story as well.

Brett