Hydromotive p5x wanted 👍😀 >

Hydromotive p5x wanted 👍😀

Notices

Hydromotive p5x wanted 👍😀

Old 03-02-2019, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydromotive p5x wanted 👍😀

Does anyone have a right hand 31-32p for sale and offer shipment to Norway?
😀
Thanks
Dan
Old 03-11-2019, 01:37 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a set of 33's.
I know this isn't what you asked for. But, there will not be any P5X props available for a undisclosed time frame.

Sorry,
Brett
Old 03-11-2019, 04:48 PM
Registered

Hi Brett. I think 33 will be to big? The boat is American offshore NSX with complete scx drive. The ratio i belive is 1.34. When i bought the boat it came with a hydromotive quad 4x 33p. I lost a blade but was a fast propeller. Little hard to get up. Then I put on a B1 32p. And with no slip when I was getting up. Runs with the same top end as the quad4x but i notice when I run approx 80 mph the propeller slips alot. You feel it as the boat wants to pull and then falls little back and so on. Both propeller runs 104 mph on top. Not sure What then engine rpm is. Because i have 2 tachometers and they dont show the same. But I think around 5600 with 4 people and gear. Limit on this engine is 6000.
The reason im looking for a new propeller Is that I want to have better overall performance in mid range and possible top end.

I heard that the p5x is a good match on this boat without knowing the exact drive hight. What do you think? Is it also possible for you to take down some pitch on the propeller if i need to? And What price do you offer for the right hand ?

Thanks
Dan Roger

Last edited by danse78; 03-11-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:35 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

To maintain the same rpms, you will probably need to drop down to 30" in a 5 blade prop.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:43 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by danse78
Hi Brett. I think 33 will be to big? The boat is American offshore NSX with complete scx drive. The ratio i belive is 1.34. When i bought the boat it came with a hydromotive quad 4x 33p. I lost a blade but was a fast propeller. Little hard to get up. Then I put on a B1 32p. And with no slip when I was getting up. Runs with the same top end as the quad4x but i notice when I run approx 80 mph the propeller slips alot. You feel it as the boat wants to pull and then falls little back and so on. Both propeller runs 104 mph on top. Not sure What then engine rpm is. Because i have 2 tachometers and they dont show the same. But I think around 5600 with 4 people and gear. Limit on this engine is 6000.
The reason im looking for a new propeller Is that I want to have better overall performance in mid range and possible top end.

I heard that the p5x is a good match on this boat without knowing the exact drive hight. What do you think? Is it also possible for you to take down some pitch on the propeller if i need to? And What price do you offer for the right hand ?

Thanks
Dan Roger

Dan,

The prop can be adjusted 1" of pitch.
I'm sorry however that I can only sell the props as a set. LH singles are hard to sell. I have a few of those on the shelf.

Thank you,
Brett
Old 04-29-2019, 10:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Dan,

The prop can be adjusted 1" of pitch.
I'm sorry however that I can only sell the props as a set. LH singles are hard to sell. I have a few of those on the shelf.

Thank you,
Brett
Ok I understand

I also have a 30P Maximus, but have not had the chance to test it yet. Im thinking maby I should cut this Down to a Max5 prop With 15,25 dia.
Do you think this will outperform the bravo one Stock prop?
How much Will this jobb cost to convert to Max5? Work time? (send it to you at bblades from Norway)
Old 04-29-2019, 08:03 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Smile

Originally Posted by danse78
Ok I understand

I also have a 30P Maximus, but have not had the chance to test it yet. Im thinking maby I should cut this Down to a Max5 prop With 15,25 dia.
Do you think this will outperform the bravo one Stock prop?
How much Will this jobb cost to convert to Max5? Work time? (send it to you at bblades from Norway)

First bit of advice is to test it as is. The reason is, you have the Maximus and you can. From there the base line information can be compared and used to get to the end goal.
As far as making the Maximus into a Max 5, Yes it can be done and BBLADES has made many Max 5 propellers from the Maximus castings. The Max 5 is made by hand from the Maximus propeller castings. Plus ........stay tuned.........

Will a Max5 out preform a Bravo 1? Maybe, not always. The Max 5 isn't the end all of all end alls as some might profess. More blades, less slip. More blades more drag. Less blades with low slip, better top speeds.................

Call me and we can discuss the realities.

Brett

Last edited by bbladesprops; 04-29-2019 at 08:17 PM.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:17 PM
Registered

I have a 31 pitch P5X I will sell. How about 800.00 U.S. and you pay shipping? I can send you photos of it. Stock and in good condition.