Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
Hill Signature 5 blade cleaver!! A  less expensive alternative  to Mercury Cleavers >

Hill Signature 5 blade cleaver!! A less expensive alternative to Mercury Cleavers

Notices

Hill Signature 5 blade cleaver!! A less expensive alternative to Mercury Cleavers

Old 08-01-2020, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Hill Signature 5 blade cleaver!! A less expensive alternative to Mercury Cleavers

So I’ve been running mercury max 5s on our Dcb with 400s as I didn’t want to drop 10k+ on a set of props. Another guy on our lake with a big power eliminator suggested trying the Hill Signature cleavers as he was in .1 to .2 tenths of a mph of the mercury cleavers on his other outboard boat.

Reached out to Randy of Liberator boats Fl as I heard he sells them at a fair price and after discussing my setup I ordered a set.

Result: I picked up about 5 mph though I think there’s more once this summer humidity dies down. The boat feels more planted at speeds and doesn’t feel loose. I would have been happy with the handling improvements even without the mph gains but fortunately I got both and with a cost of LESS THAN HALF the cost of the mercury cleavers😎🚤🚤🚤🚤🚤🚤

i have no affiliation with any prop or builder etc. I’m just happy with what I got and figured share the news for other guys looking for less expensive options out there.
The following 3 users liked this post by drejustice:
Excess (08-03-2020), OPS VZLA (08-01-2020), SB (08-03-2020)
Old 08-03-2020, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

I've been thinking of running these on my 39 Cigarette. Your results seem to be common with those props.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Also like Hill's way of doing business. Bought a set of B3's and we swapped 3 times at no cost other then shipping cost back to them (no restock fee). Mine even had some build up on them from sitting in the water and no comment or charge. Great place
Old 08-04-2020, 10:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Can you run these on bravo style drive? What HP are they rated for?
Old 08-30-2020, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Oh man I got excited , thought they made a #6 prop . but they don`t

Edit:
I contacted the company and they do have some plans for a 26 spline prop .. maybe next spring

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 08-31-2020 at 07:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
endeavour32 (10-10-2020)