Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Restorations & Upgrades
It looks like its turning into a full resto!!! >

It looks like its turning into a full resto!!!

Notices

It looks like its turning into a full resto!!!

Old 01-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
did you get a chance to run the boat in 2013?
No, decided it was best to have a different type of drive rather than the bravo drives that were on it.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason3603
The pic below shows kind of what stage the engines are in currently. There has been a little bit more progress than what is shown in the pic. The reason for the holdup was due to not knowing which drives I was going to go with and I have found in order to rig the engine making brackets and such you really need to know what components you are wiring and plumbing around. I ended up finding a pretty good deal on some used Arneson Bravo Conversions that are needing of a severe refurbishing. I ended up setting the bottom of the boxes 1 inch below the running surface of the boat at the drive centerline.

Your not F'n around I see. I like the way you set the height, that should do it perfectly.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:06 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jason,
Nice meeting you this past week. Everything looking good so far...keep it up, working outside must be a bit of a struggle this time of year (my office was 41 degrees this morning).

Rik,
How the F are you? I will be talking to you soon, I have another Arnie job starting in 2-3 weeks.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Registered

Hey Rik- Thanks, I followed your instruction to the letter. I was a little concerned I would have to fill in the notch; at first it was awfully deceiving judging the distance by eye. When I started measuring it out it started falling into place. There is no time to pu$$y foot around here since my stretch goal for completion is the end of April. I know it’s a stretch but everyone has to have a goal.

Thanks again for all your help I will giving you call to get the needed parts ordered. Is there any lead times that I should be aware of?

Last edited by Jason3603; 01-07-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by brian41
Jason,
Nice meeting you this past week. Everything looking good so far...keep it up, working outside must be a bit of a struggle this time of year (my office was 41 degrees this morning).
It was great meeting you as well. Thanks for the compliments. Also thanks for loaning me the tool to remove the retaining ring. It does really put a damper on progress being -14 degrees outside right now. A lot of the stuff I’m doing right now I can do in my heated garage and don’t need the boat for the most part. I’ve been trying to lease/rent a building but the cost in the Metro Detroit area is ridiculous for space the size I need. I do have a few leads hopefully something pans out.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:03 AM
Registered

It looks awesome Jason. Keep up the great work and keep the pics coming!
Old 01-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Registered

Next on the project list is to tear down and upgrade this set of 72C’s. Has anyone done any of the extensive mods themselves? Any suggestions may be helpful. I have an extensive amount of automatic transmission repair and engineering in my background, so this being a forward and reverse 1:1 trans shouldn’t be too big of a deal. I say that now before I get them apart LOL! I’ll get them torn down tonight and post some pics maybe tomorrow.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:30 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Next on the project list is to tear down and upgrade this set of 72C’s. Has anyone done any of the extensive mods themselves? Any suggestions may be helpful. I have an extensive amount of automatic transmission repair and engineering in my background, so this being a forward and reverse 1:1 trans shouldn’t be too big of a deal. I say that now before I get them apart LOL! I’ll get them torn down tonight and post some pics maybe tomorrow.

There's manuals available on line on these transmissions. They are fairly simple, (so they say) there are however a few tricks to making things better that only certain people know about.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:32 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes, it was a single carb on a 598CI. I am currently going thru the engines again to identify the valve issue I had. The new setup will be 598's with 420's and fuel injected. The reason for going with the 420's is they will bolt directly on my existing set up. At this point it is also a bit more cost effective rather than starting from scratch with new superchargers, chillers and intakes.

As far as drives I am looking at the x-powers or the SCX-4's. Waiting on this decision until we can get my buddies boat with the SCX-4’s dialed in.
Interesting..... ;-)
Old 01-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I worked hard converting him into an arneson lover! Lol!

Great thread Jason looking forward to seeing your creation on the water this summer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.