34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider >

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider

Notices

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider

Old 10-16-2015, 03:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Platform complete, re-fit the transom ski hook and through bolt the ladder. Very careful not to obscure the H.I.N. which is now just below the step. I'll probably need a stainless grab handle either on the top of the gunnel or maybe just under the rubbing strip out of sight from above if possible. My stainless guy still has a couple of small jobs to do so I'll work something out with him.

Gold star for the first person who jumps in and tells me the next maintenance/cosmetic renovation that needs attention.....?
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-5.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-6.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-7.jpg  

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-8.jpg  

Last edited by rak rua; 10-16-2015 at 03:37 AM.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Transom Bracket and Planes need a little epoxy ....... Looki'n good.

It's 42 degrees here in Michigan this morning .......................................
Old 10-16-2015, 07:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Jolley
Transom Bracket and Planes need a little epoxy ....... Looki'n good.

It's 42 degrees here in Michigan this morning .......................................
91 Degrees here today, pretty much normal!

K-planes are perfect, maybe just dirty because she's been standing outside in the rain for a few weeks. (Bit hard to see in the photo)
Transom bracket has annoyed me for a while but now when I see these photos, omg! Your gold star is in the mail...

Bracket is powder coated alloy, right? Welcome suggestions from anyone what I could do without lifting engines and removing the whole thing. Can I just rub it back to a clean finish and maybe an alloy polish or could I repaint it? It would take some work but if I could polish it up, it might look great.

Any thoughts?

RR
Old 10-16-2015, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Polished would look SWEET! However, I'm not sure what salt would do to it? On second thought, do it anyway! Labor is cheap there and you can hire people to keep it polished lol.

A friend of mine painted his outdrive black but over that he sprayed clear with a red metal flake in it. When the sun hit it, it popped like you couldn't believe! It looked AMAZING!

Last edited by Diamond Dave; 10-16-2015 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Finally, my very small electronics package has arrived!
This is not a fishing boat anymore so we're only fitting the bare minimum, keep it simple and practical.

The design was very straight forward, started with an idea, 2 old bits of ply and some tape. Quickly morphed into a neat little dash 'pod' just perfect for my limited needs.............
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-1.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-2.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-3.jpg  

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-4.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-5.jpg  
Old 10-21-2015, 06:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Compass back on the dash lined up with the steering wheel then stick in a Raymarine 9" and a linked Fusion stereo. We lined the plotter up with the shifts/throttles and tab indicators which puts it near the centreline of the boat for all to see.

Very happy to see this all done, it completes the console and I'm sure many will not agree but I think it looks great!

Cost of the plotter and stereo are the most expensive part of the entire project!
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-6.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-9.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-91.jpg  

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-92.jpg  
Old 10-24-2015, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua

I'm undecided about what to do with the floor, if anything. Maybe carpet, Pirelli, plasteak or just leave it simple white non-slip. Maybe someone will chime in with some great new idea.....?

RR
I really like http://infinitylwv.com/
Old 10-24-2015, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ttrm007
That looks like nice material, anyone used it?
Old 11-03-2015, 07:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sorry for the thread going quiet, waiting far too long on my trimmers for the seats and covers. I've got a few little updates to add now but first, here's a huge project for the local guys....

This thing looks like something from McHale's Navy (for those of you who are old enough to remember) and is still in service with the local police. aparently it's near on 70 years old, which looks like the last time it was slipped!
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-1.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-2.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-3.jpg  

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-4.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-5.jpg  
Old 11-03-2015, 07:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Derailed my own thread. That's a first!

Back on track, lots of stainless work has taken place, just waiting for the Sunbrella to arrive and finish the job.
As they say, fools and children shouldn't see half done work so I'll offer a teaser in the meantime..........

Backrest on rear seat will be removable, the rest is pretty obvious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.