34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider

Notices

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider

Old 11-11-2015, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
Finally got my seats completed.
Probably the only part about the refit I am doubting a little, it could be a lot more exotic and sumptuous. It's not bad in any way but I could have gone for more. I had an idea in my mind what it might cost and when I got the quote at just over half what I was expecting I jumped at it thinking great value. Maybe I should have said "What could you do if I pay twice that amount?"

All too late now but at the cost of work here, I may re-do it all next year and spend more $$.

Pretty straight forward, cut down the cushion on the forward seat on the front of the console, drivers helm seat base rolls over at the front and makes a nice little support when standing. Height is almost level with my thigh so it's very comfortable. I can see the horizon all the way when seated so we have got the height right.

Rear lounge is a beauty at 6' width, can easily seat 3-4 and the backrest is just high enough to keep you in the boat at speed.

I think I have enough "Fountain" logos/name to compete with a well badged Cigarette. lol
I love this project and it looks great but if I could give you a bit of feedback I would suggest that the back rast may be a bit low and the middle seat has square corners but the back bench has rounded, looks a bit odd.
If you are going to redo them for look next year check out the websites of the mt1 V42 or some popular wake board boat companies, they do amazing stuff. The attached pic is one of my favourite interiors[ATTACH=CONFIG]547615[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-interior.jpg  
Old 11-11-2015, 03:27 PM
Registered

Dash looks nice, plotter and stereo working well but still have to have a play with the plotter to work out a few functions.
Back of the helm seat is almost finished, 4 cup holders, nice grab rail but the back panel looks very bare and bland. I'm not worried, I have something coming to flash that up a bit, hopefully next week.

Stay tuned, I have high expectations but have to wait and see how it turns out.....
How about a flip down panel that acts as an ice chest or a flip out bar lol
Old 11-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by stimleck
I love this project and it looks great but if I could give you a bit of feedback I would suggest that the back rast may be a bit low and the middle seat has square corners but the back bench has rounded, looks a bit odd.
If you are going to redo them for look next year check out the websites of the mt1 V42 or some popular wake board boat companies, they do amazing stuff. The attached pic is one of my favourite interiors[ATTACH=CONFIG]547615[/ATTACH]
I did notice the different corners on the seats. Reason is, they followed the lines of the seat back on the front seat which was square but the rear seat backrest is on a stainless frame. The frame has slightly rounded corners and is completely removable just by lifting the whole seat back straight up. I wanted it to be removable because there are two storage lockers on the top of the transoms immediately behind the backrest. I can open them with the backrest in place but if I take the backrest out, I can open them and lift out the internal box giving access to the inside of the transom from above. The boxes are actually bait prep boxes but there's no bait on my boat!

Good comments and thanks for the suggestions. I've also looked at a few of the Cigarette center console seats and have been very impressed. You're right, could have done a bit better, I may well change it in the near future. My first refit, It is very simple and cosmetic compared to many threads I read here but I've enjoyed it and learned a bit along the way.

Any more constructive feedback or even negative feedback is invited, if you've got any ideas, I'm interested to read about it. Just don't go overboard, it's an eight year old cc, it's not new and it will never be a classic!

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 11-12-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

How about a flip down panel that acts as an ice chest or a flip out bar lol
You've got me thinking (for the second time today) and it could work well. I'll still proceed with my initial idea, it's very simple and can easily be changed or even incorporated in your 'drop down booze box' idea.

RR
Old 11-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ttrm007
That stuff does look class!
Unfortunately, no distributor in my part of the world. It's not impossible but I'd like to see, touch and feel before I order anything. Still undecided but infinitylwv looks nicer than many of the traditional flooring materials.

Thank-you for the suggestion.

RR
Old 11-11-2015, 08:11 PM
Registered

You've got me thinking (for the second time today) and it could work well. I'll still proceed with my initial idea, it's very simple and can easily be changed or even incorporated in your 'drop down booze box' idea.

RR
[ATTACH=CONFIG]547620[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]547621[/ATTACH]
some ideas
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-capture-2.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-capture1.jpg  
Old 11-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The trash can idea immediately came to mind.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

So much good stuff been made recently, I'm sure my trimmers could copy beautifully. Here is one of my favorites........
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-image.jpg  
Old 11-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great job, and it is your boat so enjoy it the way that you want to. Why not real teak floors? I put them in my 28' Cigarette center console, and they would be a lot cheaper in your part of the world. You have a lot of hatches, but if you epoxied the unused ones in place and put a couple of layers of 1700 or roving down you would have a great base for the floors.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ren3
Great job, and it is your boat so enjoy it the way that you want to. Why not real teak floors? I put them in my 28' Cigarette center console, and they would be a lot cheaper in your part of the world. You have a lot of hatches, but if you epoxied the unused ones in place and put a couple of layers of 1700 or roving down you would have a great base for the floors.
I'm moving away from real teak. I do have a lot of hatches but still need to access them. 6 are for the fish boxes (general storage for me) and the others are big storage, bilge, forward fuel so I really can't seal up any more.

Teak is also pretty hot under foot. Most days are 90 plus in the shade. Teak does look good but I think with the complexity of my floor, hatches, drains, seating and cabin, it might look like a mosaic design! Carpet or any soft snap in removable material could be laid over the top and lifted when needed. I'm in no hurry, it's very practical as is but still looking.

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 11-12-2015 at 08:17 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.