40' Outlaw Upgrades - Twin 900Sc to 1000hp Duramax Diesels >

40' Outlaw Upgrades - Twin 900Sc to 1000hp Duramax Diesels

Notices

40' Outlaw Upgrades - Twin 900Sc to 1000hp Duramax Diesels

Old 09-16-2019, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by kidturbo
Got some power to the helm last night and shot a quick video. This unit firmware isn't the latest or greatest, but I'll bet they haven't change this part. Should see something labeled "Pop-Ups Setup" under "Installation" menu like below.

Don't know about you guys, but I think that little MFD looks Baddass with those throttles...

https://youtu.be/Hg6epyuBB10

]

That is fantastic! I have been eyeballing those Simrad MFD's and a GO9 to redo the dash on my 380 PQ. Like you said, keep the bigger unit for strictly NAV and have the MFD's (one for each engine) to replace all of my fading analog gauges. I really like the trim display, heck might as well order a 3rd and replace the mechanical trim indicator with one too since I need all new cables anyways....my my how this stuff snowballs! I am definitely sold on the Simrad stuff though, just may need to pick your brain next year getting my MEFI3 motors talking to the NMEA2000.

Keep up the fantastic work! I think that will be the nicest Baja ever built when you are done.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:05 AM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

Simarad engineers are the coolest..
Now if they just made a wife receiver...

Old 09-21-2019, 11:05 AM
Registered

Few pix from past week.
Helm wiring is almost complete. After sorting out the factory wiring harness, I was able to get power to all the breakers. But with all the upgraded electronics, most requiring 1 - 5amp fuses, the factory wiring and ground bar wasn't gonna cut it. So I added an extra ground bar, and a switched busbar specifically for the electronics. Amazingly with everything powered up, it only draws about 4-5amps total.

Still waiting on couple pieces like the speed lockout controller for transmissions, and new rockers, then I'm pretty much down to ignition switch wiring left. Sure filled up the mountable surfaces quickly..

Last edited by kidturbo; 09-21-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:31 AM
Registered

Also got that little wireless phone charger puck / cheap hole plug, wired in yesterday. While I was cutting holes, decided to move the Livorsi master tach controls to an easier spot to reach while driving.

After charging up my phone, killed the shop lights to check out how everything looked after midnight. These tachs are going back to Livoris for couple updates, including some work to remove that white LCD backlight from bleeding over the whole tach face. They originally said there was no way to fix it without killing the LDC screens. I said bet you can come up with something better than the piece of electrical tape I'm gonna stick over it.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

You going to run this thing before it eligible for antique plates???
Old 09-22-2019, 01:58 AM
Registered

Maybe.. Soon as I figure out where these last dozen wires go it should run. Thought they connected to the starter, but when I turned the keys, the engine compartment lights came on....

All these fancy networked electronics don't connect themselves. Without, ya don't even have an oil pressure reading, just and idiot light and it's one of those wires too..

Old 09-23-2019, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kidturbo
Few pix from past week.
Helm wiring is almost complete. After sorting out the factory wiring harness, I was able to get power to all the breakers. But with all the upgraded electronics, most requiring 1 - 5amp fuses, the factory wiring and ground bar wasn't gonna cut it. So I added an extra ground bar, and a switched busbar specifically for the electronics. Amazingly with everything powered up, it only draws about 4-5amps total.

Still waiting on couple pieces like the speed lockout controller for transmissions, and new rockers, then I'm pretty much down to ignition switch wiring left. Sure filled up the mountable surfaces quickly..

Nice loom work
Old 09-23-2019, 07:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AusScarab29

Nice loom work
Thank You.
Couldn't do much about the factory wiring mess, but at least nothing gets caught in the cabin door now. In exchange, if it ever pops one of those low amp inline electronics fuses, gonna need two cell phones with facetime to find it from the low access panel..

Pulling the cluster is actually pretty easy. Left extra long leads so it will lay on the windscreen without disconnecting.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey what material did you use for the cluster panel,& how thick is it
Old 09-24-2019, 02:20 AM
Registered

I cut all the helm pieces out of 1/8" aluminum, a little thicker than factory used. Then rounded off the top side edges with a sanding disk so it looks thinner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.