Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Restorations & Upgrades
40' Outlaw Upgrades - Twin 900Sc to 1000hp Duramax Diesels >

40' Outlaw Upgrades - Twin 900Sc to 1000hp Duramax Diesels

Notices

40' Outlaw Upgrades - Twin 900Sc to 1000hp Duramax Diesels

Old 10-18-2019, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Truly amazing work, but the suspense is killing me!

Cant wait to see how it runs.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:21 AM
Registered

Received 907 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by Cory H
Truly amazing work, but the suspense is killing me!
Believe this project is slowly killing me too....

Drilled a hole through my finger just yesterday. LOL

Found a set of scales at a barge terminal just down the road from the shop. So while heading to the welding shop Friday, decided to check my weight.
Truck, Boat, and trailer came in at 22,840lbs. Truck alone is 7,940lbs. Equals 14,900 on the ball...

Old 10-20-2019, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts

You finish this project you’ll go into withdrawal and not know what to do w/your free time!

Or you might go sit in the garage and hit your finger w/a hammer to remember the joy 🤓
Old 10-21-2019, 06:01 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

How is it looking for Key West?
Old 10-22-2019, 01:54 AM
Registered

Unless a group of volunteers shows up this week to help whip out the remaining rigging, not so good.. I've been going solo for past few weeks. Ya can't get 200hrs work accomplished with just one person in a single week. I've tried, but Myself and I both walked off the job, leaving only Me...

Did drag it back to the welding shop today, where we finished the Port exhaust and rebuilt the turbo to intake pipe that somehow pulled way outa shape when welded up last time. Also got majority of the cooling lines on back of the engine fab'd up finally.

What's left?
Build cooling system reservoirs, catch cans, waterjet front accessory brackets, buy couple alternators, re-plump the power steering system, make up turbo oiling lines, engine fuse/relay blocks wring, mount 4 batteries, finish the throttle bodies, assemble the charge coolers, build a new back seat, replace a shaft seal on stbd drive, wire up running lights, replace fuel sending unit, mount bolster seats, install fire safety system. That's just big stuff that come to mind right off.

So anyone who's board or having boat withdraw issues, feel free to hit me up for directions. Or if you have a big shop somewhere between here an FL, send me directions.

She does tow pretty nicely with some weight on the back end now. But it needs trailer brake pads replaced I noticed too..

Last edited by kidturbo; 10-22-2019 at 01:57 AM.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:35 PM
Registered

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Last week I received a visitor from across the pond. My brother from another mother over past 4yrs, who I'd never met in person. So first thing I did was work him like a government mule for 7 days.. At least that's the official story we're going with...

Luckily for us my main local helper showed back up about same time as David. While we didn't accomplish enough to go for a ride, we did get the STBD engine wrapped up and running. Then tossed the hatch on and dropped her in for a quick check of the waterline. Have plenty of new pics to share, so here is a few cool ones for starters.

Old 11-28-2019, 09:35 PM
Registered

Other accomplishments of past couple weeks.

Finally found someone to take the fold down rear bench seat idea out of my head and into a working mock up.. Seriously one of the hardest tasks I've had to accomplish. But one I've felt strongly about seeing through, after few hundred trips into the engine compartment.

That glass hatch is a six man "minimum" operation to set on or off by hand. We realized that Monday when we decided to set it on for first time. And the lift actuators leave a lot to be desired on travel for headroom. So hopefully this seat / platform gets plenty of use, by providing smiles in both positions...

Old 11-28-2019, 10:05 PM
Registered

Last few for today. Tilt steering adapter plate is cut and back from powder coat. Tomorrow I'll trim up that plastic trim ring, and bolt the wheel on for couple pics. But here is couple of the down and dirty work.

Also coated inside of the charge cooler end caps since they are the only pieces of non-hard-anodized aluminum in the cooling system. Hopefully this and the zinc anode in there buys a few extra years service life on these caps. Without that I'd give em about three years tops living in the saltwater. So be interesting to see how well it works.

Last edited by kidturbo; 11-28-2019 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Added Pic
Old 11-28-2019, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Looking great but I had a terrible thought while reading through these recent posts.

This thing is getting close to completion and winter is just setting in.
I’m assuming it will be finished before boating season begins.
I was planning on making a trip to whatever event you guys chose to debut the boat.
If you finish it before next season will it stay stateside long enough to make an event next year or will she go to Aussie Land when she’s done?
I sure would like to see her before she goes home.
Old 11-29-2019, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts

Simply badddd assss!

Not sure which I like better, the windows in the engine hatches or the “ready to attack” stance it has while at rest.
Couldnt have come out better.

KILLER!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.