Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 113 Likes on 65 Posts

Love how you did the seat hatches.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 153 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by payuppsucker View Post

Just so happens that I “know a guy” on the West Coast (he is actually my brother) and he’s a great host so I’m gonna send him a link to this thread.
I am sure he’ll chime in shortly.

Absolutely. We routinely open the house up to fellow OSO peeps. Have meet life long friends from all over the world that way.

Always a bedroom open, let me know when you're rollin out. Although, We're about 1.5 hours north of GT Performance (Upland). But we are right on the beach in Ventura County. Beautiful Channel Islands only 14 miles out from our harbor. Our Cigarette wont be finished until spring but my buddy down the street has a 40 Outlaw as well and is an engineer. He'd get a kick out of this boat.

By the way, amazing project. As a previous Baja owner, just simply hella cool project!

Also, if you'd like to test on a larger lake instead of ocean or small So. Cal lake, I'd suggest Lake Havasu. Son-in-law owns Barrett Custom Marine out there and would be a good point of contact for you as well.

Anyway, feel free to PM me if you think you'll be north of L.A. area or need anything.

Tank
Old 12-08-2019, 10:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 95 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic View Post
Love how you did the seat hatches.
Thank You. Cabinetry skills are one of my hidden talents.. NOT!!

Two different cabinet makers actually bailed on that job over past 6 months. Then I remembered working with a guy long time back who did some amazing wood work on a river house near me. But now works in a totally different industry. At the shop who makes up all the custom gaskets in this build. Was sure glad to discover he hasn't lost his skill, and likes side work.. Handles all came in Friday, so hope to final fit Tuesday and then call it a wrap...
Old 12-09-2019, 05:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 113 Likes on 65 Posts

I did similar w/one of my 24’ Sonics for storage under bee berth cushions but forgot the flange to hold the lids and had to add them later.
Was a huge PIA and not near as strong as yours.

BTW, I built the bench seat and sun lounge for that boat too.
Glass rapped plywood structure then built a mold for a foam corded, glass lid.
Came out great.

Originally Posted by kidturbo View Post
Thank You. Cabinetry skills are one of my hidden talents.. NOT!!

Two different cabinet makers actually bailed on that job over past 6 months. Then I remembered working with a guy long time back who did some amazing wood work on a river house near me. But now works in a totally different industry. At the shop who makes up all the custom gaskets in this build. Was sure glad to discover he hasn't lost his skill, and likes side work.. Handles all came in Friday, so hope to final fit Tuesday and then call it a wrap...
Old 12-28-2019, 03:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

In case ya missed it, Santa brought the ignition keys.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

They look and sound amazing. Great work. Can't wait to hear them at some RPMs.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice build! Only issue I see is the name on the top of the power. They did a hp upgrade on my Cummins 350 years ago in their Irwindale shop. I picked up the finished install and 10 miles out the turbo shaft snapped, filled the CAC with oil & debris. They told me they were not responsible!! Cummins warranty would cover the repair, Cummins laughed. I had the opportunity to learn what a BS company they are....Oh and I also shelled out $2K to repair the damage their supposed "approved" kit install caused..approved by who? Ha HA
Old 01-16-2020, 05:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fossil fuel View Post
Nice build! Only issue I see is the name on the top of the power.
Luckily all those pieces with someone else's name on em are "non-moving" parts I guess.. lol.

When I was a kid, the first time I recall seeing that name was on a local twin turbo jet-boat engine. But was still conflicted about leaving it on there in the beginning. In the end, we both felt it earned the right to stay due to the legendary history in racing and marine R&D that comes with it. Is a damn nice intake design, and they've tossed me a few bones from related in-house projects whenever I've ask.

However, I don't believe we've sent the invoice for that billboard space yet..
Old 02-01-2020, 10:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Reservoir tanks are done and at powdwercoating. Steering system all plumbed and tested. We fired up each engine on a garden hose last week and fixed a few clamp leaks on seawater system. However the weather in OH isn't looking too conducive to boating anytime soon.

So Dave and I caught a flight down to FL on Thursday to check out some shop and helper options for on the water testing. Cali plans got scrapped, because somehow it costs 20% more and takes two weeks longer to reach Australia from LA than it does shipping from east coast of FL. Still can't understand that one...

I'm flying back to OH in the morning to wrap up a few remaining tasks. Then packing everything up and dragging her back down to Sarasota, where we plan to meet up again in a couple weeks for real world testing.

Old 02-02-2020, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Incredible work. It’s awesome seeing this beast near completion. Hats off to you kidturbo as well as the owner for your professionalism and patience with this project.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser