40' Outlaw Upgrades - Twin 900Sc to 1000hp Duramax Diesels

Notices

40' Outlaw Upgrades - Twin 900Sc to 1000hp Duramax Diesels

Old 04-08-2020, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 907 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
damn were you still in FL?
I was in Ohio for past 4 weeks. Left all our toys in Florida, had to brave the weather and go retrieve em.

Free anal probes at the state line for anyone north of the Mason-Dixon. LOL

Last edited by kidturbo; 04-08-2020 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,041 Likes on 1,354 Posts

So Ken, you need to put some Bravo's on and get this thing a goin...........
Old 04-08-2020, 05:51 PM
Registered

Just made it back to the house. 1800 mile loop. So first thing I'm gonna do is sleep for a day or two. Received an email that drive with bend prop shaft is back together, and the other is close. So hopefully we won't need to find a couple bulletproof Bravos..
Old 04-10-2020, 01:05 AM
Registered

Last weekend while I'm packing my bags to drive south and retrieve the boat, someone else was rolling west in a stock Audi A8 to shatter the Cannonball Run record by almost an hour off the recent E63 run... Seems I wasn't the only person who realized this once in a lifetime opportunity. Or they follow this thread, not sure yet... But I'm going ambulance shopping tomorrow. LOL..

Here is story Dave shared with me..https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1127765_empty-roads-set-stage-for-new-cannonball-run-cross-country-record-of-26-hours-38-minutes

Found this great story on the history of the original 78 Dodge Ambulance used the 79 run, and then the movie. Which 40yrs later, has still yet to ever completed the run.. Too Funny..

Last edited by kidturbo; 04-10-2020 at 01:56 AM. Reason: add link
Old 04-10-2020, 08:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by kidturbo
Last weekend while I'm packing my bags to drive south and retrieve the boat, someone else was rolling west in a stock Audi A8 to shatter the Cannonball Run record by almost an hour off the recent E63 run... Seems I wasn't the only person who realized this once in a lifetime opportunity. Or they follow this thread, not sure yet... But I'm going ambulance shopping tomorrow. LOL..

Here is story Dave shared with me..https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1127765_empty-roads-set-stage-for-new-cannonball-run-cross-country-record-of-26-hours-38-minutes

Found this great story on the history of the original 78 Dodge Ambulance used the 79 run, and then the movie. Which 40yrs later, has still yet to ever completed the run.. Too Funny..

https://youtu.be/usfahgUOTZ0
I know its illegal but... I was amazed at the satellite technology and the fact that they used social networking to look for cops ahead for the E63 AMG record. The new record is going to be HARD to beat. That is freaking amazing.

E63 https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...rs-25-minutes/

A8 https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...urs-38-minutes

Old 04-10-2020, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kidturbo
Just made it back to the house. 1800 mile loop. So first thing I'm gonna do is sleep for a day or two. Received an email that drive with bend prop shaft is back together, and the other is close. So hopefully we won't need to find a couple bulletproof Bravos..
if these drive break before you get on plane how much confidene do you have in them beig strong enough for if it gets on plane and runnin?
Old 04-10-2020, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 291 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
if these drive break before you get on plane how much confidene do you have in them beig strong enough for if it gets on plane and runnin?
They’re a hell of a lot stronger than a #6
Old 04-10-2020, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
Why do you say? They snapped first time out and did some fairly decent damage. What makes you think they won't again? This is not to be a smart ass, I am just curious.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 302Sport
Both drives looked to have had some serious hard hours on em. ^^^^^^

We received the full run down from Weismann this week Here is the briefing..

The Stbd drive with bent prop shaft had one intermediate shaft bearing set starting to come apart. That chipped the shaft, was wearing through a retaining cap and damaged that retaining stud. All back together now with new bearings, seals, and new prop shaft.

Port drive suffered a complete bearing failure on an intermediate shaft, and pieces made their way into the gears. Rest is history. That unit also had a spacer missing behind the prop shaft, which once loaded, damaged the bearing and pump impellers on the shaft. Guessing that's the drive that was home to the bent shaft in the spares box.

The prop shaft is being repaired, damaged case is being welded, and they should have enough good hardware now to rebuild that one. Once they get back, we know at least one will need repainted. Then we'll give em another shot at little lower position and see how the do. Probably make up a couple magnetic drain plugs to pop in the lowers so can check for any metal after this break in..
Old 04-10-2020, 07:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
I know its illegal but... I was amazed at the satellite technology and the fact that they used social networking to look for cops ahead for the E63 AMG record. The new record is going to be HARD to beat. That is freaking amazing.

E63 https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...rs-25-minutes/

A8 https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...urs-38-minutes
I liked the analysis in his YouTube video about how this one may denoted in the official record books. But to me it's a straight up solid time. Don't see a **WET** beside anyone else's name, so why tag someone for a *Pandemic time..

I only got hit with radar once rolling south on I95 Monday night. Clear down in SC some black unmarked SUV parked in middle under a portable light tower with his spotlight on. Was just a pop blip like some wide band camera trigger or something. Besides that, I came within 15 minutes of breaking a long time record to Jacksonville I set in a very FAST car back in the mid 90's. Not even trying, I just never walked in a store, or stopped for food like I would normally do. Just no traffic, no rain, no law besides that check at FL boarder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.