Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

When do you plan on splashing?
Old 06-16-2019, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
When do you plan on splashing?
Wanted to set it in last week to check all the drive seals and hoses for leaks before wrapping up the transom area. Once the turbo and pipes are on, things gets really tight back there.

Now we're just waiting on our agent to secure insurance coverage. Seems we might be a couple dollars over NADA book on your average 40OL..Anyone know a good performance boat survey agent in Ohio area if I need one right quickly??

Update: Actually just refer them to this page, that should be all they need. :-)

Last edited by kidturbo; 06-16-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:13 PM
Registered

Few pics from last weeks projects.

Exhaust tips are sealed and screwed in the transom. Gonna stuff some Kaowool in the gap to cut excessive heat off the wood, then put the old Merc SS tail pipe rings on the inside to dress em up.

Have the 270F continuous rated wet exhaust hose for couplers. Now trying to source clamps that hold everything together. Double hose clamps are required on exhaust, which is hard when we only have 1-3/4 meat between the bead roll and taper..

Old 06-16-2019, 10:28 PM
Registered

Drive sync is in an programmed. Very cool little piece of tech that removes the trimming out of trim control. Push both trim buttons up or down, and it keeps both drives within about 2deg overall.
This race unit has two trim presets, controlled by a third button on the throttles. Once we get props selected and some run time on it, ya set lower level for getting on plane, and upper preset for normal cruise. Which should be pretty helpful on a fully surfaced drive setup. However I have to move wring from factory rocker switches to the Livorsi DBW throttles.

Last edited by kidturbo; 06-16-2019 at 10:34 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:59 PM
Registered

Last thing for the week, started plumbing up the fuel system.

We added a clamp to the main crossover lines in the common rail system to eliminate pulse vibrations which can cause them to crack. Then we mounted our lift pumps and 1-micron "secondary" fuel filters, low and center so easy to change without making a mess.

The only piece of the old 900SC setup I recycled [not shown] is the KE filter heads that take water separator filters. Those are going back exactly where they were mounted from factory, rear seat base 24" off the fuel tank. A couple good 10-micron on those before the lift pumps, and these secondary filters will likely last several years without issue.

Also tidying up the rerun lines, which run thru a little custom SS cooler mounted atop the fuel filters.

Old 06-17-2019, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Dude I’ve owned 6 boats since I sold you those Weismanns!!! You need to get that thing wet LOL
Old 06-17-2019, 11:34 AM
Registered

That's funny, I was just thinking about you. Digging thru expenditures, you actually sold us those drives before they delivered the boat. lol.

This kinda turned into a total frame off resto. :-)
Old 06-19-2019, 02:11 PM
Registered

Couple mock up pics on some console pieces before cutting the panels. The Simrad is our primary trim display, and back up to the livorsi gauge set. It's going where trim rockers originally were now that drives are on the throttles,

The little avionics unit monitor EGT probes and has alarm functions. It's going where the old tab indicators were originally.

Old 06-19-2019, 03:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Dude, thats all little chit. This is like Christmas! Get that fukker in the water! Duct tape and bubble gum! Lets go! Hire two dudes from Home Depot and have em' hold the throttle bodies wide open and you drive! No more foolin around...

THIS IS OSO! WE WANT NUMBERS!
Old 06-19-2019, 08:36 PM
Registered

My biggest problem is a total lack of unemployed talent in the area. I'm down with the Home Depot idea, but unlike FL, the parking lots here aren't full of cheap unskilled day labor. Just crackheads, and figure hiring them would just cost me a turbo or stereo system soon as the lights go out.. LOL

Somebody's gotta bolt all this chit together, that's usually me or a buddy who helps out on days he can. If I could stick five talented boat wrenches on this, be on the water in under 10 days. I'm good with dragging it down to FL tomorrow if anyone can assemble the talent and a week to do. For now, it's back to dash design duties so we have somewhere to bolt all the pretty little chit.. :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.