Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Restorations & Upgrades
40' Outlaw Upgrades - Twin 900Sc to 1000hp Duramax Diesels >

40' Outlaw Upgrades - Twin 900Sc to 1000hp Duramax Diesels

Notices

40' Outlaw Upgrades - Twin 900Sc to 1000hp Duramax Diesels

Old 09-03-2019, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Three different Nortechs, the two vee bottom 50’s are turbine boats. I have no idea how Turbine marine got involved with the 43. My old boat which is in Delaware had the two speed trannies in it when it had 6’s. The two speed trannies were pulled out and ended up in your hands. My boat also had the Weismann drives on it but never at the same time as the two speed trannies that you have. So, yes both of your trannies and drives were in my 50 Nortech during its life, but never at the same time. Got at that??? Lol

Last edited by 302Sport; 09-03-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

That's some funny chit right there...
I thought how many 50 turbine vee's is there out there running around?? Know I didn't recall seeing set of two speeds in your boat.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:02 AM
Registered

The new solenoid valve arrived for the transmission, and low gear checks out. So that's a wrap on testing spinning pieces for the moment.

Next, onto wiring up all the helm hardware.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 1,832 Likes on 717 Posts

Love it.

What a piece of art work.

Also an example of amazing patience and tenacity on both builder and owners part.

Good stuff and thanks to both of you for sharing.

Now light the ***** up 😎👍🏻🏴*☠️🏁
Old 09-10-2019, 01:45 AM
Registered

Nah I hate the fuel gauge hanging out there all by his lonesome without proper contract backing. Dave did too, so we gotta fix that little issue first. Could of scrapped it since 2 MFD have same info, but though it would look cool out there by itself. Plus there was a big hole to fill. LOL

Anyone like this layout better?

O/B your one of the closest members to me, drag your ass down here and hang out for a weekend and I'll put ya to work.. Bring a few buddies wit ya..Last couple weeks I've been solo again. Which means, pick a task off the board, think up how to solve it, draw up the parts, source parts, run finished pieces to powedercoat guy 100 miles away, return couple days later to pick up said pieces, test fit em, bolt it all together, hope it works, repeat..

I forgot, run up and down a shaky ladder 35 times a day. Seriously need a crew with boat skills for a few days. Like remove a windshield, sand and buff the console so I can bolt all this pretty stuff to it on the same day would be nice ;-)

Old 09-10-2019, 05:41 PM
Registered

Today's line on the old TTD board, front accessories mounting brackets.

Some of you might recall back on page 5 or so, I mocked up all the pulleys and stuff using foamboard, then cut a steel template to check fit. That template got cut up further to hold the alternator which doubled as the water pump belt tensioner on the dyno. Now it's back to the drawing board to finalize a design that allows for a standard off-the-shelf spring tensioner,.

Leading contender, GM's H3 or Caddi A/C belt tensioner. Correct placement is everything. Who can guess what unit of measurement my markings with F stands for?? Hint, we didn't have a tape measure handy... :-)

Last edited by kidturbo; 09-10-2019 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
What a piece of art work.
Now it qualifies as art..

Old 09-10-2019, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 1,832 Likes on 717 Posts

Look back a few pages.
I offered.

My boat repair biz got slow and I closed the doors and got a real job.
Now I only work on my own junk.

Too bad.
Could have been fun.

PS, I’ve slept in a lounge chair in the bed of my pick up when I wanted to be there 😎

Originally Posted by kidturbo;
O/B your one of the closest members to me, drag your ass down here and hang out for a weekend and I'll put ya to work.. Bring a few buddies wit ya..Last couple weeks I've been solo again. Which means, pick a task off the board, think up how to solve it, draw up the parts, source parts, run finished pieces to powedercoat guy 100 miles away, return couple days later to pick up said pieces, test fit em, bolt it all together, hope it works, repeat..

I forgot, run up and down a shaky ladder 35 times a day. Seriously need a crew with boat skills for a few days. Like remove a windshield, sand and buff the console so I can bolt all this pretty stuff to it on the same day would be nice ;-)
Old 09-10-2019, 10:29 PM
Registered

Think I recall you saying something about having a shop. Was probably back when we were on hold for something. But now everything is here, actually in a clean shop, and just needs bolted together.

It's crunch time to make one of the last big poker runs of the year. So, bet I can come up with accommodations for anyone that shows up.. Did I mention it's only yards from a boat ramp on the beautiful Ohio?
Old 09-11-2019, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Unit of measurement = finger.............................same as whiskey in a glass

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.