40 Hustler conversion to CC >

40 Hustler conversion to CC

Notices

40 Hustler conversion to CC

Old 05-28-2018, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 40 Hustler conversion to CC

Hello guys, I just purchased a 40’ Hustler Fiore that I am wanting to convert into a center consul for my offshore fishing charter company. I currently have a 32 foot white water open fish and love the ride on it. Was wanting to know how these boats handled with water? Although I’m not really interested in going 80 to 90 mph I am more concerned about ride and comfortability of the boat. The hull is very similar to my 32 white water very narrow, long and hope that it rides the same way. I have also purchased a 39 Midnight Express Center console and leaning post to refit the boat with. Any feedback on the boat with taking the whole cabin out and lots of weight on Health it should run with triple 350hp outboards on a bracket would be much appreciated. Capt. Morgan
Old 05-30-2018, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts

Oh yes. I want to see this.

The 40 is pretty fast for straight V. I’m assuming it’s a pad bottom. Should be fast with 3x350s and lots of weight out. The pad will sacrifice some ride quality from a true 24* V though.

You could build a midnight replica if you started with a cigarette 36 wide body or a black thunder.

Last edited by hogie roll; 05-30-2018 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I took my older Cigarette 35' down to 28' and converted it into a center console. Your boat should be easier to convert with it's higher tech laminates. I took seven feet off the stern, changed the sheer profile, removed everything in the interior hull down to the stringers which were in great condition. Figuring the new CG and placing tank(s) appropriately ia paramount. I used honey comb for coring to save weight and add stiffness. Epoxy for floors and everything below. Vinylester resin for everything above the floors. I even installed teak floors. My hull ended up at 3,700 pounds dry before power. Very strong and stiff.