Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Restorations & Upgrades
Options to make my quieter? >

Options to make my quieter?

Like Tree1Likes

Options to make my quieter?

Old 09-09-2019, 02:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin View Post
I have the Gibson clamp on mufflers and they work well. I have had them 10 years and no problems. Still sounds serious when you jump on it, but very mellow when idling down the river. I love them for cruising very quiet in the boat loader outside the boat. Once it gets to about 3000rpm when your on it hard it comes alive. Didn't notice any change in power with them either.
You may want to double check your you mufflers..... I had Gibson bullet clamp on muffler on all this summer. Last weekend I swapped to my IMCO's clamp on mufflers just to see if the Gibson's were holding me back....

I went form 62 mph to 65 mph just by swapping mufflers. Sounded good but lost performance.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

One more note- I lost 2 XR drives the one weekend I used my Gibson's on LOTO ---- Coincidence???? I think Not
Still on the shelf lol