Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Restorations & Upgrades
Stingray 230 LX Engine Swap & Whipple >

Stingray 230 LX Engine Swap & Whipple

Notices

Stingray 230 LX Engine Swap & Whipple

Old 03-23-2021, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info kornegle. The SX and LX were not too dissimilar in weight and design. If I recall Stingray would post speeds about 1-2mph higher with the 230 SX set up the same way on their claimed performance. I am boating on Newfound Lake in NH which is 600feet and is humid more often than not and have never come close to their speed. I think they claimed the stock 230lx with 300mpi was 60-61mph and I never saw more than 57 gps and usually ran closer to 54. I was running a 21 laser too which is about 1mph faster than the mirage on my boat having run both. You are definitely getting more speed with 375hp than I would. I forgot to add that my 385PT has headers and captains call exhaust which supposedly makes it closer to 375hp pre-whipple and I think I saw 62 once. 58-60 was more like it.

Did you get more chine walking with the additional bow lift? Now that I am running high 60s that is my limiting factor. Particularly when there is a small chop which used to be my best top speed conditions.