Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Saber
WickedWon >

WickedWon

Notices

WickedWon

Old 08-16-2008, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Wesseldyk is way more than qualified....

Originally Posted by Nykamp
There is no body local that should be working on those motors, go to Tommy like I told you. You have the same blocks as I do, 653ci super tall decks. They don't make our blocks anymore so I wouldn't have a local play with them. I believe CJ can fill you in on some storys about local builders.
Steve, I know and can relate with the grief you have been through lately with your own stuff as I have been through a lot with my own stuff as well in years past. I also know you are well liked and respected---not trying to step on your toes or anyone elses here or take anything away from Chief Engines----and I am sure my response may be a moot point at this time as I have just read this, but Dave Wesseldyk of WESCO is WAY more than qualified to build/rebuild those engines! If you have ever stepped into Dave's shop I'm sure you'd come away with a different perspective. You guys and the rest of the offshore hi-perf boating community have one of the best engine builders right here in your own back yard...western Michigan!

You also might find it interesting to know that when Alez Vite had that explosion accident back in the 90's who/what engine builder all these high dollar attorney's hired as a proffesional witness for the court/law case that cost millions. Not that being a proffesional witness automatically qualifies somebody or anyone to build high dollar mega displacement offshore marine engines, but it might be worth some merit in thought. And that was years ago!

It is probably Dave's fault for not advertising and people must not think he must be very good if he doesn't have some big advertisement listed somewhere. He only gets his business based on his reputation with Offshore hi-perf engines. Go visit his shop----although the stuff he works on and builds may look very intimidating, Dave is a very calm, low key, no hype guy. He's just a 50 year old farm country boy.

And just because he built my teeny weeny 565cid engines doesn't mean he isn't qualified---you should see some of the stuff sitting on the shelves in his shop. He's always building offshore marine supercharged stuff in the 600+cid range and he is reasonably priced compared to some of these other big named highly marketed builders.

Oh, I forgot---he just put up a website, but that is about the extent of his advertisements. www.wescoracingengines.com

Just trying to give you guys a "heads up" and help out my neighborhood offshore brothers here.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Adams
Hey JM, I think we're getting closer. Got a call Friday, they said closing Monday. Monday one small issue the lawyers agreed upon but needed to change. Now, contract an title to be couriered to GH Wednesday to close Thursday. We'll see, I'm beyond being in a hurry anymore, being patient.

Hey maybe we'll see you this weekend, Blue Moon, the Fountain, a red 28 Saber from the east side and some others I don't know will be in your neck of the woods this weekend. I'll give you a call.
Any luck????
Old 08-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

dan

where have you been??

todd
Old 08-27-2008, 07:12 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at what showed up at the Wharf today!!!

Congrats buddy!!!!
Attached Thumbnails WickedWon-wicked-won-003.jpg   WickedWon-wicked-won-004.jpg  
Old 08-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

Congrates Dan, I was the guy detailing the 41 Saber @ Ben's shop tonight. She look's great, Steve.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW !!! I know it must feel great to have all that behind you & I am sure it now feels as if it was all worth the wait...
Congratulations Bro. !!!!!!!

Thanks for the pics.... Looks like I will have a new screen saver when I get to the shop tomorrow.. lol..

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 08-27-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Registered

Awesome! Been following the story! Congrats..
Old 08-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry guys !! Not trying to hijack or redirect the thread but I just couldn't resist pairing them up.

Yes my hatch is missing in the pic. & No the boat is not ready....lol.. However it is Slowly getting there
Attached Thumbnails WickedWon-wicked%2520won%2520003.jpg   WickedWon-dsc01221.jpg  
Old 08-28-2008, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

congrates dan. hope to see you and ww this weekend.
steve i sure wish i knew you where in town. sheri and i where in gh last night, we would have stop by.
todd
Old 08-28-2008, 06:55 AM
Registered

Thanks guys.
Scott, little bro looks great. Someday we will get them side by side.
Steve, I wish I knew that was you. Small world.
Todd, I have been hiding out getting some things taken care of. Maybe see you at the Wharf this weekend, Saturday especially, kind of a thing going on.
Thanks CJ, glad I could add some color at the Wharf.

I was wondering what it would feel like after I dropped the cash.... It feels good.

Quick Reply: WickedWon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.