Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Saber
going make SABER KNOWN AGAIN >

going make SABER KNOWN AGAIN

Notices

going make SABER KNOWN AGAIN

Old 11-09-2009, 05:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Art..are you going to race the boat in OPA?
Old 11-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

Nice ride, I have been looking at that boat since it was put back on the market. I wish I could have pulled the trigger but just couldn't right now. I am sure you will make it a screamer.

Congrats.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by waterboy1
Art..are you going to race the boat in OPA?
not sure after the phucking TKO got last year with opa pushing them out of p2 making a sv instead so he would not fit in and then he races p2 in sbi and now they put him in p1 with a open family boat has back seats haaha its a fast SUTPHEN 39. THEY HAVE STEPS AND LIDS he has a bigger motor and did not break out they did the same to BOXER in p4 with his blowered powered 26 sutphen they wanted to move him up to p3 phucking 26ft boat. if your from there area your fine phuck ogie was running the condo in p4 with blowers I thought 750hp, they never threw him out. but walt has blowers and a open cockpit he will get phucked up the azz next week. I was going to go but knew I would never be able to race after I would shoot my mouth off at usi and call the sv opa guys babys haaha. so I am staying home. hey I came in 3rd back in 02 cape race and mike a phucked me out of a trophey. I thought opa was going to be great but same old bullchit. I might try the maimi race to the island and back and the other old time race. I got two motors big one was for p4 and the smaller p5, but just might do pokerruns with gerry in the skater 46 turbine and I am wondering if walt is giving up after this yr. it sux. I bet they say something to the superboat 30 with twin OBs if he wins it all. I bet they move him up, what it is the old straight vees can go into the turns near wide open and the step boats need to slow down a lot I was told so the ob kicks azz, same with walt he is in a 105mph class in p2 now they want him at 115mph in p1 with no lid. your dead meat, I am going to make a shirt up lid boats are for *****s or real men don't need no lid boats maybe on the transom. hey I like going 140 open cockpit in the skater next year faster cause the f16s are gone had a full windshield made sorry for venting I blame it on my pain haaha, but what are you doing post back art
Old 11-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ironmanwb
Nice ride, I have been looking at that boat since it was put back on the market. I wish I could have pulled the trigger but just couldn't right now. I am sure you will make it a screamer.

Congrats.
thanks it has some scratches in the new paint, that was kind of sad wasn't expecting it. hahha but I got the paint crew here we will add to it instead of doing it over. motors tight, but should fit drive goes on next week may rig it with sm motor to get the tails ordered and new motor mounts set up. not sure of the big motor hope for dec, jan. its going to paint this week I think. its a little smaller than I thought so it should run 98 to 104 with the big power and raised x. I bet with a bravo 1 x of 17 1/2= about 4 1/2'' below the keel that boat would run 72 to 75 gps with a 500hp merc. if a new one was built with sglass cored as is but vacum bagged with a lighter motor hatch it would be faster. if its slow I will blue print the bottom and have the strakes sharped instead of rounded like my baja. sutphens are sharp. thanks john did a nice job on his upgrades
Old 11-10-2009, 07:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
not sure after the phucking TKO got last year with opa pushing them out of p2 making a sv instead so he would not fit in and then he races p2 in sbi and now they put him in p1 with a open family boat has back seats haaha its a fast SUTPHEN 39. THEY HAVE STEPS AND LIDS he has a bigger motor and did not break out they did the same to BOXER in p4 with his blowered powered 26 sutphen they wanted to move him up to p3 phucking 26ft boat. if your from there area your fine phuck ogie was running the condo in p4 with blowers I thought 750hp, they never threw him out. but walt has blowers and a open cockpit he will get phucked up the azz next week. I was going to go but knew I would never be able to race after I would shoot my mouth off at usi and call the sv opa guys babys haaha. so I am staying home. hey I came in 3rd back in 02 cape race and mike a phucked me out of a trophey. I thought opa was going to be great but same old bullchit. I might try the maimi race to the island and back and the other old time race. I got two motors big one was for p4 and the smaller p5, but just might do pokerruns with gerry in the skater 46 turbine and I am wondering if walt is giving up after this yr. it sux. I bet they say something to the superboat 30 with twin OBs if he wins it all. I bet they move him up, what it is the old straight vees can go into the turns near wide open and the step boats need to slow down a lot I was told so the ob kicks azz, same with walt he is in a 105mph class in p2 now they want him at 115mph in p1 with no lid. your dead meat, I am going to make a shirt up lid boats are for *****s or real men don't need no lid boats maybe on the transom. hey I like going 140 open cockpit in the skater next year faster cause the f16s are gone had a full windshield made sorry for venting I blame it on my pain haaha, but what are you doing post back art
Art,
I believe OPA is offering Class 2 if there are at least three boats.The bracket rules are far from perfect;but I think OPA has done a pretty good job putting boats in the right classes.I hope Walt and his TKO team come back to OPA,there are some real good things planned for 2010.You guys should all come down to the OPA awards party in Feb.

Your boat would fit well in Class 5;the comaraderie and competition is great.I sure hope that you race,trust me,you will be hooked again real quick.Good luck with your new ride.

Mark
Outrageous #568
Old 11-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats !
Old 11-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Registered

Fed x just dropped this off plus the ace box, steering ,gimbal, this will be some hot rod when done, are honey I painted the baja white and did the cabin over, cockpit so it might look a lil bigger oops.
Attached Thumbnails going make SABER KNOWN AGAIN-dscn0001.jpg   going make SABER KNOWN AGAIN-dscn0002.jpg  

Last edited by AIR TIME; 11-11-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
Congrats !
thanks konrad ace just got here, and motor should be here next month jan the latest, its been ready since last feb. but I had Dean hold off on putting it together until I was off comp, told the wife no work no boat, its only fair but now I got the hull and drive. I figure we need a few weeks to get everything hook up, then have DEAN come and run it so I know its right were he wants it. then hope to hit the miami race if I find a sponsor. its good that there are wraps out there. so any Co can go on your boat. I wish I bought a unpowered hull 19 yrs ago these are unreal under the floor.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Registered

568 IF I run I would be in 400 class with the 572 blower motor or 500 with you guys in the 509 . well WALT got a 3rd to day but was running better than that at 1st I think only talked to the boys for a minute or two. whats nuts in 600 class tyler was running big hp and he moved himself and theres guys in 500 400 with big power too. to run a open cockpit boat for 40mins in a race over 90mph up to 105 in 200 class is a lot harder than a lid boat. there sitting straped to the boat not boucing around like walt they had steps he is a straight hull. he should get more power, and like the old superboat non step he can go into turns faster without rolling. I use to practice turns around cans in my baja so I knew how fast the boat would turn before sliding . and the saber has longer streaks that run full length inner and outer most are outer only so ,I hope it will help with chine walk as meaning none with the full steering. I am going for the miami race for now and need to see what income my family is generating by spring. plus I STILL HAVEHEALTH problems the new knee sucks, old one sucks, can't lift my arms over my head cause of the torn router cufts, back 5 disks but going to PH for all 3 and gym but have been bad the last few weeks. I need to get there everyday my wife has been. so we will see how KW ends up. need to find out if mark ran the sb in 500 class today. and it would be great if walt gets back to opa its my favorite site out of all of them smithy and AMF are the best good luck Mark. art
Old 11-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Registered

What a nice day it was today.

Wish I had my blower Motor from Gellner
Attached Thumbnails going make SABER KNOWN AGAIN-dscn0001.jpg   going make SABER KNOWN AGAIN-dscn0003.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.