Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Saber (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/saber-201/)
-   -   Saber 101 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/saber/233066-saber-101-a.html)

AIR TIME 08-10-2015 07:47 PM

LOL yeah thanks no bites on selling the konrad, so I am getting a price straighten the bottom, take what ever rocker is in there out. If it helps a lil then I will look on moving gas tank again. a friend of mine has a konrad top gun with blower motors. 7 yrs it runs good .I think if you have a straight bottom boat or trs boat that drive is perfect. I might have to rewrite that I have a tranny hp drive plate bellhousing to sell with the drive .If I knew these boats needed tab to run. I would of bought the sister boat to BOXER a 04 SUTPHEN 31. even though I had the Gellner motor. What killed that was the price was 60gs more than what he lowered it to right after I bought the motor and drive lol. If he would of lowered it a month earlier or 2. I would not have bought the motor. so by the time it was lowered I had paid for motor and drive. it has sold twice since if my wife was not out of work, I would of bought it and fire sold this. hell it just sold for what the motor and headers cost me lol. Well I will be ready next time if I have to refinance the house. then sell the saber with my back up motor509 650hp. I am taking the Gellner 1100 to the grave. or in a car I have been thinking 32 ford . So I am back I guess lol.

AIR TIME 08-10-2015 07:51 PM

Oh yeah I still have the Baja lol.

Unlimited jd 08-10-2015 09:32 PM

The saber will work, move the tank!!!!!!!!! And if the motor can't move forward, get that Konrad off and out some bravo version on. Even if you drive easy it's better than not at all! Good luck Artie see you this week

OLD MAN 08-11-2015 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd (Post 4341016)
The saber will work, move the tank!!!!!!!!! And if the motor can't move forward, get that Konrad off and out some bravo version on. Even if you drive easy it's better than not at all! Good luck Artie see you this week

Welcome back Artie! Jamie is right on! Take his advice and just do it. The boat is too nice to just let it sit. The Konrad and box will sell eventually...it just takes time.

jdos 08-11-2015 08:45 AM

easiest and cheapest way to test out is to run light fuel, get some sand bags/ballast you can strap down and put close to transom. This will roll your cg back. I've seen new boats with ballast in areas to get cg better or to level them out from port to stb...

mrv8outboard 08-11-2015 12:22 PM

Yes he can test with the fuel very low and movable weight amounting to the rest of the fuel capacity. You can also do it static on a set of rollers. I set my race boat up on rollers before anything was installed in the hull. But that boats bottom needs blue printing. Also once you get beyond the hull's stable speed (on any hull ) you will need tabs on it.

AIR TIME 09-10-2015 05:53 PM

thanks guys, already ran low fuel and sand bags in cabin, theses boats with bravos need a lil tab up to 60. I was told. bottom needs to be checked and round keel, removed. make it like my Baja small pad.. heard the other boats with round keels hop to.

Unlimited jd 09-10-2015 06:00 PM

Iirc it got better with no fuel and 300lbs in the cabin right? Artie leave the boat with me this winter and some $$$ enjoy next season!

AIR TIME 05-06-2016 07:36 PM

Now that winter has passed, I am having my old marina look at the bottom. To see how bad the rocker is If they see a lot wrong then We will do temp changes and take it out test runs. If they feel the drive is more a issue, then off it comes and either glass the transom. or do what the guy with the superboat did send the box to imco have them build a shaft and carrier bearing for it. I could mount my hp transom from the Baja and use the old drive for testing. at my old marina they add extentions on any boat most Sportfishers 10ft so they have to adjust bottoms all the time.

slpcamaross97 05-08-2016 09:21 PM

Good to hear your back at it.