Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Saber
Saber 101 >

Saber 101

Notices

Saber 101

Old 06-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Condensed version of what I have been thinking is that between the rocker built into the hull and the extra leverage provided by the extension built into your drive you have two forces working to push the bow up in the air. The bow lifts so high the prop pushes you right out of the water, prop unloads, you drop, and start all over again. Probably doesn't help that you are running big power and big prop, just makes everything happen bigger/faster. If the hull has developed other problems over the years it might exagerate the issue. I am pretty sure that is why these hulls don't work well with boxes (so I have been told). I just can't see the fuel tank location having such a big effect, in a twin you have more weight further back than your tank.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hotjava66
Condensed version of what I have been thinking is that between the rocker built into the hull and the extra leverage provided by the extension built into your drive you have two forces working to push the bow up in the air. The bow lifts so high the prop pushes you right out of the water, prop unloads, you drop, and start all over again. Probably doesn't help that you are running big power and big prop, just makes everything happen bigger/faster. If the hull has developed other problems over the years it might exagerate the issue. I am pretty sure that is why these hulls don't work well with boxes (so I have been told). I just can't see the fuel tank location having such a big effect, in a twin you have more weight further back than your tank.
but two drives pushing the boat, plus strakes are different and gas tanks are up front. with mine box =only 8'' . we went out yesterday but had the girls with us so ,it was 30 out to the sandbar. still had air in the steering also so the boat wandered. next week just me so I can see what the p5 32 will do.If the cost of taking the rocker out is to much, I'll put the konrad xfactor, box ,steering,tranny,bellhousing for sale for 16,000 in the classifeds this summer and go to a imco scx. over the winter. to move the gas tank so I could get rid of the box would cost extra money to redo headers also. plus motor would be 8'' up front over stock and gas tank would be in floor up front. soooo its do glass work and maybe move tank to floor keep konrad, or sell it pay for transom repair and imco drive and leave tank alone.

Last edited by AIR TIME; 07-08-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dan Adams
hey Artie, I'm all 3/4 down until about 40, 1/2 down 50-60, 1/4 60-70. After that she gets happy
thanks Dan , I had the wifes with me and knot right aka Gerry. so next week for one of the days it'll just be us or Gerry on the dock, he feels safer on his 46 turbine skater than with me porpoising lol.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Arti just try for chits and grins a 26 clever or something along those lines. I wonder if that will change anything. Not that you can run that prop but you may learn something?
Old 07-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Arti just try for chits and grins a 26 clever or something along those lines. I wonder if that will change anything. Not that you can run that prop but you may learn something?
jon the p5 is like a cleaver style prop. its a transom lifting, going out next weekend to run it up. last time out I wasn't on plane going to the sandbar with worried women on board. still had air in the steering . so I am going to a small lake during the week and just turn the wheel back and forth until it tightens up. going to get a price on blue printing bottom. if its to much, set up will be in classifeds going back to a imco scx. boat ran fine with a bravo for 20years and 500 hp.I have a hp gimbal and a two steering set ups still. so the konrad would be sold from bellhousing back with steering. worked great on the superboat y2k and the velocity 28 too.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:32 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Arti do I have to come down there and get that thing going?!?!?!?!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Arti do I have to come down there and get that thing going?!?!?!?!
going to the pokerrun in fallriver for show maybe go haha. still have not talked to the glass guy, been real busy. but it looks like what said last yr and others this yr to much weight in the back and the box. its more money lots more to move the motor forward and getting rid of the box. so if getting the rocker out is to much, then the whole set up goes and I'll put my drive back on for testing ,to see if a shortie is needed ,then buy a new drive. we know the boat ran well with a stock drive. at this point I might sell it with the stock b1 and the 509 650hp motor. then sell the 572 and buy a sportfisher. back to the boat we need to adjust the steering tomorrow finally
Old 11-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Any update?
Old 07-06-2015, 12:11 AM
Registered

The konrad is up for sale lol, boat was in storage last yr not sure whats next . glad to see the new boat sold .what's the top speed. I hit 82 at 5 grand 30s k planes 3/4 down drive tucked all in. I have a boat shop that owes me, might have them look at bottom to see if it might help to adjust bottom. if I get a bite on the Konrad , gimbal transom ass, trans, heavy duty plate and custom bell housing. I won't touch the bottom. I might put scx with my motor or the 650 hp motor B1 drive. I can't believe its been a 5 yr mess. well on a good note I found some great friends. also my wife lost her job last year, so she took a year off. going to look into renting a bat boat for a opa race this week. its late watching JR race his 88 car. and trying to type in the dark lol. ps at 5 000rpm I still had 1400 rpm to go. that was 2/3rds throttle. I know if I can trim this boat out it will scream. if my wife was working I would of put a scx on and put the konrad on a trs single boat. I have a friend with a trs superboat but he to tight with his money lol. every time I did a upgrade to my 24 ol Baja. He would buy what I took off at half the price I paid or less lol my friend has a tranny cig with Konrads blower motors he picked up speed going to stock Konrads .what real killed me is I sold a in the box B1X drive and polished 2'' shortie for cheap, so I could buy the Konrad, then a custom drive plate, tranny and a custom bell housing and 2 grand to cut the transom. that was to fill 2 exhaust holes to. I got the bill after it was cut. I figured and friends figured a grand .OH and there was a leak in the gas tank too. so that was replaced by the guy who did some OL tanks. I figured if Mike used him, I was safe. which came out nice. the race is down to 40 laps at 2am JR has the lead good morning later..

Last edited by AIR TIME; 07-06-2015 at 12:58 AM.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.