Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Saber (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/saber-201/)
-   -   Saber 101 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/saber/233066-saber-101-a.html)

AIR TIME 06-20-2010 02:56 PM

Saber 101

SABER 101 I stole Gerrys 101 haha. well I should of taken pics last oct but forgot ,it would of been nice to show old trans cut out and new. so tomorrow I will show pics of transom with gimbal and box on. and will show parts going in to this a lot I figure 6 weeks from friday I should be in the water. we are picking up new motor friday from Gellners if the dyno does not break it:eek:. so I should have picks of it on the dyno no later than tuesday to post. what will take the longest time will be header tails was told about 2 weeks praying for that. 1st we need to set block in with heads blower might be off for ride home it will be in a van. once we get it lined up I will send pipe print out. all holes where filled in transom. but since motor is raised 3'' I don't know if straight tails would hit hull deck joint:eek: thats why we have to wait. once thats done we have coolers to find a home pulleys to check and see if gas tank is in the way that all falls in my 5 to 6 week plan. IF NEEDED GAS TANK WOULD BE remade with a L shape so part would be under back seat and part would be back in bilge. I would go from a 90 gal to a 120 I think it comes out to. or but to 60 or 70 gal saddle tanks on both sides of motor. in the fall after getting run time I plan on selling the bolsters a long with my new red ones from my baja if its too much money for PPI TO MAKE EITHER PAIR a little taller mine, wider on saber seats and taller on them with the in out look which I have on my red ones which I paid almost 3grand for. ppi said if I buy theres like I want 4 grand:eek:, so I would have to get 2grand for my red ones and 1500 for the silver ones, or see if he can do mods on one set seat only for a grand they need pics. I am doing this cause I have had a bad knee replaced, getting shoulders done and have 5 disks that can't be done or no boating or rough housing at all. also will mod the dash area to cut out and box in place to put your feet so you can lock yourself into the seats. also until I get the motor in I will not know if a race scoop will work or if I need to build a box scoop for the hatch which I did in the past thanks to MRV8OUTBOARD jeb:coolcowboy: . that guy can rig/race/build a boat from scratch. hope he gets back out racing in opa soon. so this is whats going on finally wish it was nov of last yr. well power should be about 1150hp, I will have belts to change so not to kill the konrad. and 4 blades not just 5 blade props. for speed if I am running 57 to 60 at 3500 I will be real happy and at 4000 65 to 71 that gives me slip of 15 to 12 % I mean if slip goes to 8% which would be nice its harder on the drive so as long as my slip stays 15% or lower great I SHOULD HAVE A TOP END OVER 100. my props are labbed for bow lift and are 30 px5 and 32 b1 hope to top out at 6400.

mrv8outboard 06-21-2010 07:22 AM

Artie, with all that power why raise the engine? Is it for the X dimension? If that is the case leave it lower in the boat and use a stand off box. The center of gravity with all that torque will be critical for handling. Also put it as far forward as you can. Then 380's mounted flat and it should run like it was on rails.

AIR TIME 06-23-2010 07:49 PM

well just made plans for ohio will be there friday afternoon, motor was broken in today with low boost made about 950hp, tomorrow will run again on pump gas 1st them a mix so it should make about 1100 plus on mix and 1000 plus on 93 and might run straight race to see what it has. so for playing around I will have a low boost pulley and a pokerrun/ race set up and then a kilo set up:evilb::evilb:. RIGHT NOW I AM REAL HAPPY:coolcowboy:. next week the fun starts a one working arm and leg guy me will be sweating my azz off with a smile. art

jdub 06-24-2010 10:33 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Pics?...I got pics

AIR TIME 06-27-2010 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by jdub (Post 3144617)
Pics?...I got pics

arhhh thanks jon:coolcowboy:, with the new x jeb it will have gone from 14'' which was deeper than my baja to 17'' or 17 1/2'' which is what most of the hp single boats are running on average 17 to 18 1/2'' now that 4 and 5 blades are out and around. it will be at what konrad wants the prop shaft at 3''. it has a konrad box two. if its off and it seems to high I can lower the motor over the winter move box down a 1''. but I think lt will be fine . I should have pics tomorrow. I will start a lil thread tomorrow road trip adventures with party arty on GD:evilb:. Dean has quite a speed shop and 2nd business or building for rigging and DYNO room. The motor made 5 lbs boost = 1000hp at 6500rpm and climbing and made 850lbs tq around 4000 and up on pump gas. then with 8lbs of boost it made 1004hp at 5400 and 6600made 1114hp and still climbing to 1150 at 7000. but it will be chipped at 6500 red line. tq was 1000 at 4400 and was 900 at 6400rpm:evilb::evilb::evilb: that was with 93 pump gas and some oct booster. so my 32 b1 and 30 px5 prop might be to small. well now I need to dress it and we are going to measure for tails so as soon as the tails come in we are water testing shooting for 3 to 4 weeks. well going to rest it was a llllong trip after slick stinger blew me off to go boating hahaha. thats all right aia was running 80 to 90 all the way out and back had a semi in front of me last night early this morning:coolcowboy:. in my other post on gd I will tell about the day I spent with MR. G at the NATIONALS a lot of big guns now Dean and it was a blast!!! man can John Force talk loud and fast and was up set I didn't have a Ford blower motor:grinser010: well thats enough got to lay down and take a nap:party-smiley-004:

jdub 06-27-2010 01:51 PM

Hey Artie what's the gear ratio on your Konrad...might want to think about 1.36 gears for that bad boy.

AIR TIME 06-27-2010 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by jdub (Post 3145813)
Hey Artie what's the gear ratio on your Konrad...might want to think about 1.36 gears for that bad boy.

you always have good ideas:coolcowboy:, yeah that would work and can be done over the winter if needed. gears are 1.50 a 5 blade px5 is a big prop man if it spins to red line with 6 to 8% slip this boat will be in the teens. but I look into cost of gear change and new max 5 blade 32 or 34 and a px5 32 or 34. brett might be able to kick up the pitch to a 31. Dean just does not want it to spin to easy. so I will see when it hits the water most of my running will mostly be at 5000 or under if slip at 12 to 15% = 81 to 84 cruising and 3500 = about 56 to 60 cruising. thats with a px5. I hope the slip will be better = more speed than posted. my baja slip was 12 to 13%. what are your slip # john on the new boat

I'CE 07-02-2010 10:34 PM

Hey, buddy glad your on the move !

AIR TIME 07-03-2010 08:26 PM

this coming up week we will be busy, dean sent flywheel beat the drive plate from fl hardin marine paid for 3 day didn't show up:bigbird:, so once we get that motor will be set in place to see where plates go pulleys fit or not and header tails will be marked and sent out.praying by end of july to have tails. going to find out if a scoop will work to its close. mayhave 1'' on scoop and 1'' on pulley hope headers aren't to tall its all real close. pics coming

I'CE 07-07-2010 12:08 AM

Artie, so happityt for YOU !

KNOT-RIGHT 07-08-2010 01:17 PM

hardin marine dropped the ball to many people, Artie got them confused so order was never sent even though they had the cc card. so its coming from Dean on friday.

BGIII 07-25-2010 09:05 AM

How are things coming along Art?

AIR TIME 07-25-2010 08:02 PM

more issues with parts wrong ones have not been picked up. tried to set the headers in they hit the hatch also hardins hurricane headers were made with the same collector size on both headers so one header all most 4'' longer than the other. stellings and cmi make one collector longer so when you figure out your tails there the same angle. what we had to do figure out a straight piece 3 3/4'' coming straight out then turning down to the 22 degree tail on port side star will come out and go right into 22 degree tail otherwise they would hit transom in to different places. Iwish I just bought STAINLESS MARINE GEN 3s new for half the money, plus the water inlets are on the back of the header instead of front like cmi and stellings. also got the motor mounts on friday so by tuesday Ishould have some pics or wens. then the motor will be plumbed and elec going in shooting for another 3 weeks till water. I was promised they would pick up the box with wrong parts monday. since I have 500 credit going to just see if they send right parts by end of the week or return my funds and order off of someone else. so will post pics this week cutting for the scoop raising the hatch brackets to see if the headers will clear. other wise I will have to grind the coring out all so:grinser010:. so I'll be back art

BGIII 07-25-2010 08:29 PM

Jesh Art, what a fluster cluck this whole thing has been for you. Hope things start going your way soon. Is your lifeline the right size? LOL That boat is going to be a little on the crazy side.

OLD MAN 07-26-2010 01:17 AM

Hey Artie, Get RID of those headers (1) before they drive you
CRAZY and (2) before you cut holes in the wrong place and wish
you didn't! With an engine like yours...blower and all...I'd run
the exhaust through the top deck like the Sutphen. This way you will clear the swim platform and not make a mistake by
cutting holes in that nice hull. Just my 2 cents worth from an
OLD MAN!

I'CE 07-26-2010 01:54 AM

Artie, call me soon. I have the solution to your exhaust, engineering dilemma. jjbgood

AIR TIME 08-30-2010 09:23 PM

ok lost 2 and a half weeks:lolhit:, but got all the parts now tails came in and just need a few trew hulls my tails are 5'' dry:coolcowboy: just worried about cut outs, also had to cut bulkhead in front of gas tank for pulleys so I'll glass a thin wall across the 10'' gap thats about 15'' long so its not to bad so by end of the week hope to have that done and alt,ps,pulleys all on sea strainer and coolers mounted next week plumb and nextweek elec, drive steering k planes, then test small pulley first at 1100 hp:eek: pics coming next week I got a 1000 to do from poker run 2 weeks ago. then starts the custom cockpit rug with fades so I can use it for marketing rugs this winter.for the big boats big bucks crowd. wish I had this motor last oct on time instead of a year and 10 months later its ruined this build for me. I put of my surgeries thinking this motor was coming ever month staying local for now on with the builders around here:coolcowboy:. later but its a great hull and should run a 100 plus with 1100hp high x and box.

AIR TIME 09-04-2010 12:09 PM

more bad news gas tank leaks, we cut out a notch last friday and after a break I saw gas sitting in the foam not the balsa, so I drained the tank it was about 1/2 full. then drilled a pilot hole about 8'' from the bottom to let it out. after a few days I started to fill the tank with water and it did not leak up high so we cut down and down until we were at the bottom and the leak is underneath some where. it looks like the fg wrapped around the foam locked the gas in so if you filled the tank it would rise up and find its level, it never leaked into the balsa. so now it looks like everthing has to come back out and the bulkhead cut out tank out thats two weeks for me. but 1st Iam going to call saber and see what my options are #1 replace with 110gal tank that lays down and goes under back seat and into bilge, or a step tank 140gal same spot, #2 saddle tanks on side of bilge. #3 fuel bladder fits inside of old tank keep motor in. this week I will cut tails out so if there off I can fix them with new glass job. man this all goes bck to last oct if the motor would have been here the tank could of been fixed with the transom and exhaust cut outs that was 2 grand to fix there. well I guess I will keep this boat till I die now I will have a retail price of 75,000 in it when done:eek:, but its got a new motor /drive gimbal set up/ now new tank with all the other new parts. the new banana or sutphen would of been 110,000 to 120,000 easy with the stuff I have and they would not of been rigged so it will be worth it in the end just hope its before nov now, I have pics to post but need to get the pr ones posted 1st. tails look great.

jdub 09-04-2010 06:21 PM

Damn Art that sucks. I had no idea the tank was leaking. I never smelled any fumes that would idicate a leak. I can assure you if I had known it was leaking it would have been fixed...but it is a 1988 and you got it at a good price :lolhit:

AIR TIME 09-06-2010 06:57 PM

like I said if I had the motor last year I would of found out right away and it would of been fixed with the tramsom exhaust cut outs cut out and filling the transom. going to call saber and get advise also looking at bladders may just stuff a bladder in the old tank and not remove the motor. the bulkhead repair is not bad. Iwas going to glass a thin pannel up the middle so the pulleys will fit. if the tank comes out then the motor will too. I will ask Saber about moving it under the rear seat and back out up to where it is, like a step tank that way I pick up 8'' in front of motor and would have a full bulhead there and for the back seat it would turn into a ring bulkhead

AIR TIME 09-06-2010 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by jdub (Post 3199910)
Damn Art that sucks. I had no idea the tank was leaking. I never smelled any fumes that would idicate a leak. I can assure you if I had known it was leaking it would have been fixed...but it is a 1988 and you got it at a good price :lolhit:

hey jon it would be hard to smell the gass it was held in by the glass and foam plus the cap on top not complaining here my friend just bummed about the set back and add cost after I had the glass work done back in the spring. price
depends how you look at it, it wasn't high and it wasnt cheap but I thought it was in better shape, I pulled the rug up and there two delam holes in the floor by the back seat 2 1/2'' cut outs with raw balsa, if I didn't pull it up in a year from now a whole floor would be needed. why who ever put the carpet in left that I don't know. but thank god i pulled it up its a easy fix now just got to cut out a little of the core seal with glass and plug the cut out. I want to put a solid floor or a nonskid floor in it thats why I pulled back the rug plus it will have a custom pull out rug from me. all in all its a great boat with great glass work it . less than half of a new hull by the time I am done money wise. anyway I am not complaining just bummed out about these lil problems. Ijust hope it runs as good as Ernies SUTPHEN there was 6 to 8s out in buzzards bay sunday so the pr was off until to day and ernies boat went out for a test run and kicked azz flew level and hooked up. higher propshaft height works great on it at 3 3/8''. by nov I'll see how 3'' with a box works;):boat: jon you got a high x and that boat handles nice you have now looks like next season for us to hook up for a ride jon catch you later man.

AIR TIME 09-06-2010 07:49 PM

oh I plan on cutting the exhaust out this week in case I NEED TO ADJUST IT:eek::lolhit:.and do the rest of the set ups. I hope this will not take long for a tank orbladder:party-smiley-004:. I will take it out this yr even if its to be used as a icebreaker, my glass guy said it was built like a tank:coolcowboy:.. later:coolcowboy:

jdub 09-06-2010 08:57 PM

Those two holes in the floor by the back seat are the floor drains. Why the balsa was left raw... you will have to take that up with Doug at Saber when you talk to him. My boats hardly ever see water in the cockpits that's why the carpet was put down over them and the drain covers not put back on. You can see where I glassed over the ski locker and if I thought the drain holes would have created a problem it would have been addressed. That floor has lasted 22 years like it is and I highly doubt it would need replacing in a year....especially since it looks like it's going to be a trailer queen with you...hahaha:drink: Get that thing in the water...I don't know who's slower you or Scotty :party-smiley-004:

jdub 09-06-2010 09:11 PM

Oh and as far as price....less then half the price of a new hull? You'll have less then 1/3 of a new hull in it even with the glasswork you paid to have done. That price Doug quoted you in 1990 on a new hull has gone up a little ;)

AIR TIME 09-07-2010 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by jdub (Post 3201051)
Those two holes in the floor by the back seat are the floor drains. Why the balsa was left raw... you will have to take that up with Doug at Saber when you talk to him. My boats hardly ever see water in the cockpits that's why the carpet was put down over them and the drain covers not put back on. You can see where I glassed over the ski locker and if I thought the drain holes would have created a problem it would have been addressed. That floor has lasted 22 years like it is and I highly doubt it would need replacing in a year....especially since it looks like it's going to be a trailer queen with you...hahaha:drink: Get that thing in the water...I don't know who's slower you or Scotty :party-smiley-004:

with the drains in place it would seal the core when you left it out it only needs a lil bit of wetted carpet once , the rug seals the water on it. no big deal glad I caught it, wet balsa is like a sponge I will only need to cut the holes 2'' bigger to get to the dry balsa seal with glass and then fill it in with new balsa with sealed edges .thats the trouble with carpets, that is I plan on making it a nonskid floor with a lift out rug.price wise new hulls were 30,000 to 55,000 that I looked at from 28ft to 31ft all 8ft beams one with complete cabin for 40,000. so its about half. if I order a complete boat rigged with a konrad and 800hp motor well your looking at 150,000 with them doing everything. but its taking longer but its a rerig not a motor swap everything needs a place big cooler:eek:, strainers ,gimbal, drive, its a lot of stuff that needs a spot it will be cool when done and cool out haha. this thing is going in the water soon jon I promise , hey good think Ididn't put the 509 in it I would not of found the leak unless the carb got gummed up but then it woukd look like bad gas. it will get there shooting for a answer on bladder or tank by thurs. hey I just read about DON last night that sucks man well be safe I'll get pics posted of motor and drive as stuff goes in oh thinking about saddle tanks to. art

Sick Stinger 09-26-2010 06:27 PM

Fuel cell and Tractor headers get that in the water. I was donw at Knot's saterday with a 6'er or Corona. Where were you??? need to get banggin on the boat. Although so do I.
-Mike

AIR TIME 10-02-2010 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger (Post 3217258)
Fuel cell and Tractor headers get that in the water. I was donw at Knot's saterday with a 6'er or Corona. Where were you??? need to get banggin on the boat. Although so do I.
-Mike

yeah I should of bought those trac headers with the mods on the engine I could of just used them they were 6'' not 5'' like I have now. but got them cut out so just waiting for new tank old will be out this week and motor with be all pluged so when it goes in it will be throttle linkage design /oil/water and go. I wish I new about that leak earlier. did gerry tell you glass guy sucked that AL gave me azz tells me he needs 70 bucks to look at it and said about 400. shows up wants us to do all the dirty work he wants a 1000 to glass one side on 1200 to do other couldn't figure out how to raise my hatch or glass the scoop in right. gerry asks about a sm fix oh a 1000. I said thanks theres 70 bucks SEE YAH. I am all see set with AL and his buddies:angry-smiley-038:. so I got a free lookies coming from my old marine who knows glass and paint but he ia busy he did a whole 39footer that a car guy phucked up they relayed glass new stingers cause the old ones stopped in the cabin instead of running full length and then did a reverse flame job that would make you go wow. some guys can only paint what someone designs for them and then theres guys like Larry that takes a blank hull makes it perfect. at this point if I rip it out I just might glass it in and save 400 bucks. for for paint its either gerrys guy or Larry in the spring to add silver to it and fix the scratches in the white, and red design. so sticking with balsa may use kevelar for tabing if I have to put new tank in 1st. its 3'' narrower 4 longer 6'' taller so I got 98 gals instead of 90:evilb: then once its running I will cut out two area's for sitting down that I drew up so when sitting legs will be straight out hitting a 40 degree pad plus a new floor or nonskid with pull out rug thinking saber swords crossing with a skull or pirate in it. plus fades in the rug to promote my costly cockpit rugs I plan to sell with my custom rug line we have. theres no way to have a fade made in the rugs out there now there just cut up glued pieces not made from hand. so shooting for tank to be done by week from monday the lastest. Imissed week since aug 1st I missed5 weeks total of working on this. pics coming sorry. ps mike fuel cells last 4 yrs on avg and cost 3 times what a tank cost so that was bad plus the pulleys were still to close. now if I can get dean to send me my motor paint code I have a scratch here and there drives me nuts asked for it since july. PS just want to add mike thanks for trying to help though it didn't work out but thanks anyways buddy.

littledcsrodshop 10-03-2010 12:22 AM

Gotta watch those car guys... Don't worry those same car guys that suck on boats also suck on car stuff as well, therefore seriously limiting my free time..haha.. Glad to hear you are moving along..

:worthless_without_p

AIR TIME 10-03-2010 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop (Post 3221918)
Gotta watch those car guys... Don't worry those same car guys that suck on boats also suck on car stuff as well, therefore seriously limiting my free time..haha.. Glad to hear you are moving along..

:worthless_without_p

yeah even though I am not using a cane much now, I can't tell you how frustrating it is to move around with a phucked up knee replacement. that I would have gotten worked again if I new the motor was not going to be ready until july this yr but all winter it was next month so now its going to rain next 3 days my wife I HAVE KEEP HAPPY ON WEEKENDS NOW, so its during the week I can work so hope its done in the next month then its surgery on the knee and once off the crutches Ineed a shoulder replacement now doc was pissed I didn't go in during the spring when he told me from the latest mri its severed all the way threw and if not replaced at least recon on it cause I said if the replace works like my knee forgetabout it:grinser010:. geerys a great help but pissed at me for over engineering every thing we go over, the tank design was a changed for a week and then took 2 weeks to get a Co I liked, motor mounts 3 weeks and so on. plus I am on pain meds still cause having lots of pain in both legs ,shoulders back that with heavy drugs it only soften the pain and if I try to kill the pain I pass out. so guess I should of done the shoulder and at least one knee over last winter and the boat would be done. cause now I have stop the OCs over the summer and take 1/2 of my percs unless a day like to day woke up at 3am tryed ice everywhere and had to double up on the pills. its like last 5 yrs there finding more places that I have arthritis even the bottom of my feet I wear cushions in all my shoes:grinser010: hahaha. its crazy thats why I need to design a place for legs I can't stand up for long I need to sit. I talked to ppi about mods on the bolsters from the boat or using the red ones that are custom that I bought for the baja but only used for a few hours. the ones in the boat they were wellcraft which are short but would like to make them taller in the back and sides seat area my red ones would need a little taller on sides and add silver to them. but thats after winter on that back seat needs adjustment cause it falls off if you step on it, I think the backrest needs to come up a 1'' so it slides into it better Iwant to bring red into the cockpit and silver outside and may get rid of the black bottom the red is come threw in spots from coming on and off trailer. Igot red bezels for gauges that are on a angle so when sitting they will be better. so pics I will post later on the week since its going to rain next 3 days. been doing my daughters bedroom over with crown molding paint wallpaper chocking I don't like gaps in molding I worked for 30 yrs on famous and rich peoples houses and Companies, and yachts which I will get back into having a web site built now so it will be all hand made rugs for these places homes, companies, yachts, planes and performance boats but for our boats I can't do it cheap cause there hand made so maybe a theme boat or ol/skater. but I looked at guys who bought 500 rugs with zip on them and after the 1st season they start to look like chit. so to have a one last 5yrs with what ever design you can think of might be worth more. I got to think of a design for mine so its done this winter they take about 4 to 8 weeks to make house rugs are 8 to 12 weeks there bigger. well got to run lil shop hows yours coming:coolcowboy:

AIR TIME 10-16-2010 03:08 PM

WORKING ON PICS, but took the motor out this week and finished the exhaust cut outs. Ijust hope the headers and tails were together the right way. there a different set up than cmi or the others. so I need to make a call monday. new tank gets picked up tuesday it looks. hope to have it in by the weekend, so we can put the motor back in and finish the short list. then test this boat. like I said I got some pics just got them out of that camera [zoolander style]:lolhit:next few days I'll post them. wish it was last year this time when I got the boat. I would of had a great summer:grinser010:. when we do go out I'll where shorts and no tee for the pics to see how long it takes me to turn blue.:eek: I have been in a outerlimits 37 at 27 degrees doing a 100, but we had gear on and our race helmets so it was like riding a sled.

I'CE 01-06-2011 10:37 PM

ggooodd boy sled doggie

KNOT-RIGHT 01-07-2011 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by I'CE (Post 3290709)
ggooodd boy sled doggie

have u been drinking?

Sick Stinger 01-07-2011 05:23 PM

And that changes anything because.......
-Mike

KNOT-RIGHT 01-08-2011 08:05 AM

Artie wake up!!!! Put down the oxys and lets get this thing done:drink:

KNOT-RIGHT 01-08-2011 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger (Post 3291384)
And that changes anything because.......
-Mike

Mikey wanna help we need it.:eek:

Sick Stinger 01-08-2011 10:21 AM

Gerry just call you know Im happy to help you anytime. My shop is heated and big enought for a 42 tiger pretty sure the saber would sneak rite in
-Mike

AIR TIME 01-10-2011 06:04 PM

whats up everyone, happy new year. gerry lets shoot for feb, ITS BEEN 3 WEEKS SINCE MY LAST OPERATION YOU KNOW:bigbird:. hey I'll see you tomorrow thats tuesday going to bring the heater. boat wise we got the new tank and need to install it then the motor goes back in. the surgery was to rebuild one of my two bad shoulders so Iam at PT trying to do 5 months of pt into 2 months lot of pain is in volved. later art

AIR TIME 05-23-2011 12:22 PM

well last week we finished the grinding in the bilge between the rain. and the new tank still won't fit:party-smiley-004:, I should of made a wood plug which I am doing to day. to see what has to be trimmed off the new tank A= small corner on top or bottom or worst case 2'' off the bottom of the tank:party-smiley-004:.. I made the new tank 4'' longer and 6'' taller so I wouldn't loose a lot of gas, old is 80 or 90 gals, new is at 88 right now. so we tried every angle it seems. so with the wood tank tomorrow I will know what needs to be done and then hope the tank guy can do it in a day. everything is mounted on the motor so its just drop in figure out where the hoses go throw the drive on. done. but this tank killed me.I do wish I went new now it would of been worth the 15 to 20 grand extra at this point. or if I was getting operated on all the time ha ha it would of went fastest. but at least my shoulder is 80%, my knees are still phucked and AIG is forcing me to take them back in front of the judge. they won't pay for any medical s at all. after they signed a contract to cover my knees for life if I sign off of there weekly pay check:evilb:. later art

AIR TIME 06-27-2011 05:49 PM

up date new tank is in= 80gals, not bad. bulkhead we doubled up on since it won't fit in one piece . its made out of kevlar and cored.6/8'' thick plus 3 layers of kevlar and tabing will be done over the next 2 days. motor might be in by friday, a yr since I picked it up from Gellners:evilb:. STUPID GAS TANK:evilb:. and weather march/apeil and may sucked for working outside. well I'll post some pics end of the week. now next week I got to figure out the coolers hook them out, plus fuel lines and stuff so Ihope in 2 to 3 weeks we hit the water.then in the fall cut out the cockpit floor and see how big a gas tank will fit for back up. so I can run the bahama /miami race and the around long island race. right now theres 2 pokerruns in aug I want to do. also this fall I want to put cut out footwells for your legs and feet to go. it would be boxed in. do the cabin over and some time do the paint over, I wish it was still the red gel. to me white sucks. well so far my shoulder is holding up from the surgery but my knees worst. pic this week. Art

pasta 06-30-2011 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by AIR TIME (Post 3439720)
up date new tank is in= 80gals, not bad. bulkhead we doubled up on since it won't fit in one piece . its made out of kevlar and cored.6/8'' thick plus 3 layers of kevlar and tabing will be done over the next 2 days. motor might be in by friday, a yr since I picked it up from Gellners:evilb:. STUPID GAS TANK:evilb:. and weather march/apeil and may sucked for working outside. well I'll post some pics end of the week. now next week I got to figure out the coolers hook them out, plus fuel lines and stuff so Ihope in 2 to 3 weeks we hit the water.then in the fall cut out the cockpit floor and see how big a gas tank will fit for back up. so I can run the bahama /miami race and the around long island race. right now theres 2 pokerruns in aug I want to do. also this fall I want to put cut out footwells for your legs and feet to go. it would be boxed in. do the cabin over and some time do the paint over, I wish it was still the red gel. to me white sucks. well so far my shoulder is holding up from the surgery but my knees worst. pic this week. Art

Glad to hear things are moving again. :)
I might have missed something.
But, where are you placing the new tank?
Under the rear seat bench or in the bildge?
How much does the new tank weigh?

You have been promising pics for some time now... He he he
Let thoose of us who follow you in this thread see what the boat looks like and what u have done with it. :) :)