Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Saber
Saber Rally/Fun Run, Any Interest? >

Saber Rally/Fun Run, Any Interest?

Notices

Saber Rally/Fun Run, Any Interest?

Old 03-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Saber Rally/Fun Run, Any Interest?

Pat and I were discussing this today, thought I would throw it out there for input. I think it would be a good time to get together for an informal fun run, with other boats/friends welcome as well. Getting a date and venue set well in advance would be helpful to everyone IMHO, since I know I have a lot of the summer planned out already. So, is anyone else interested, and what are some good dates for everyone, when there isnt a poker run or other big event going on? Also, what would be a good venue or location for all those interested? Some of my ideas are Grand Haven, Traverse City, Charlevoix, on the west side, Tawas, Bay City, or Lk St. Clair on the east, or possibly Lake Erie/Put-in-Bay. Give it some thought and post it up. I would be willing to put in some legwork/time to help get it together. Any other ideas to make it more fun/enjoyable are welcome too. Informal poker run, or blackjack hands, etc. My only concern would be to keep it informal and not an "event" per se, due to liability etc.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for starting this thread Eric, Im game to go any place that can accomidate as many of us as possible and dates arent an issue with me, so game on. One other place I would like to go for northern MI would be Torch Lake, which is a place ive never been so not really sure what that would be like? Other that that I'm pretty sure our crew fits pretty well at PIB. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help and look forward to putting something together!
Old 03-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Torch is a great place to go, one of my favorites. Unfortunately it would be tough to get dockage, there aren't hotels/rooms close at hand, and getting the 41's in the water may be a problem. If you want to go up there though some other time I would go up with ya, the sandbar is a great hangout and the water is second to none.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in I think it is a great idea. If Grand Haven is a part of the run there will be free slips and or in-out service at The Wharf Marina and big discount on Non Ethanol gas for all Sabers. Phil
Old 03-26-2011, 12:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

im in for the event and planning.

Phil, tell me more about these free slips.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CHASIN THE DEAL
Im in I think it is a great idea. If Grand Haven is a part of the run there will be free slips and or in-out service at The Wharf Marina and big discount on Non Ethanol gas for all Sabers. Phil
Yea for Grand Haven, could be a nice little party with the Saber boys as hosts. Run to Muskegon, Saugy and back. You heard the man, free dockage or haul out, good call Phil!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

How is the noise issue for those of us who don't have selectable exhaust?
Old 03-27-2011, 08:23 AM
Registered

As the new guy to the saber family we would love to come up and meet with the "fleet"! In know a few of the Saber owners past and present but not many so it would be great for us.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as schedule allows, we would certainly participate in a Grand Haven based event.

Pat - how loud are you?
Old 03-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BGIII
As long as schedule allows, we would certainly participate in a Grand Haven based event.

Pat - how loud are you?
I have no idea what a decible reading would be, but I named the boat Disturbed because it disturbes the peace like no other boat here in town. I know that Mike Wieland got a ticket there and mine is much louder then his was.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.