Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Saber (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/saber-201/)
-   -   WW is Going (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/saber/273171-ww-going.html)

Dan Adams 03-26-2012 10:32 AM

WW is Going

To Whipples and fuel injection!

littledcsrodshop 03-26-2012 12:35 PM

Congrats !! I know you had been wrestling with the decision for a while now, I'm sure you guys will get er right..;)

You going with 5.0 litre's ?? Are you comming in from the top with 2 throttle bodies, or comming in from the rear.. ?? (go ahead everybody fire away since I said "comming in from the rear")

I was really hopping when I seen the title of the thread that it was gonna say the boat was headed to TN for as an early birthday present.. :lolhit:

drpete3 03-26-2012 12:53 PM

Sweet.

hotjava66 03-26-2012 02:02 PM

Cant wait to see the changes! FI is the way to go if you have someone to map and program it right. You hear a lot of good things about Whipples, what do you expect to gain over the current setup?

Dan Adams 03-26-2012 02:26 PM

Hoping to gain consistancy. The old 14-71s and dominators loved the last run of the season but the air and water were really cold. Hot days she would be all over the knock meters even with 50-50 mix of race fuel and 93. I will try to afford new chillers to, have to see how the budget goes. I hear the gains parasitic loss are around 100 to 150 hp.

Dan Adams 03-26-2012 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop (Post 3649476)
Congrats !! I know you had been wrestling with the decision for a while now, I'm sure you guys will get er right..;)

You going with 5.0 litre's ?? Are you comming in from the top with 2 throttle bodies, or comming in from the rear.. ?? (go ahead everybody fire away since I said "comming in from the rear")

I was really hopping when I seen the title of the thread that it was gonna say the boat was headed to TN for as an early birthday present.. :lolhit:

Wrestling, good word for dang this chit is expensive!

Yep, found some 5.0s with the back side fi. Ok Scotty, "coming in the rear" :evilb:

boatme 03-27-2012 05:15 AM

Dan

Ever consider Turbos on that bad boy ??

Would also be a cool project

Dan Adams 03-27-2012 11:19 AM

Mark,
Sure, I'll take two Earhart 1500 T.T.s ! ! !... oh I would have to pay for them?

kcsteve124 03-27-2012 01:59 PM

Dan, Congrats on your project for WW, please keep us informed on how it's going all the way to the test runs.

AIR TIME 03-27-2012 06:38 PM

Dan congrats also:D. hey how much boost where you running and compression. Dean has me at two choices, one set up is 8lbs one with 5lbs. if I race or pr with the #8 I need to mix fuel. or run 5lbs with 93octane. so I like to here what your running with the 14/71. thanks man I would love to own a 41 with GELLNER or RIED power. but would need the wife to get a BIG RAISE or hit POWER BALL. I still need a min of 3 surgeries lol. I am hoping to straighten out the porpoise this spring. by prop change/bottom change /hope not a CG since we don't know stock CG. I just want to run man, and see if I can bust some sutphen balls lol:p:p. good luck with the whipples efi's are nice set ups.. Art:cartman: