28 Saber Wanted >

28 Saber Wanted

Notices

28 Saber Wanted

Old 03-31-2022, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 279 Likes on 168 Posts
Default 28 Saber Wanted

Looking for a 28 Saber, single engine or outboards preferred, but would be open to twin inboards as well. Any condition.
Old 03-31-2022, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Looking for a 28 Saber, single engine or outboards preferred, but would be open to twin inboards as well. Any condition.
What is your budget? I guess everything is potentially for sale. I have Purple Haze, Everything mechanical is about 25 to 30 hours, Tyler Crockett built and modified Hawk 525SC's, Imco SC Drives with -2" shorties. Even just bought a new aluminum trailer. Boat runs a solid 95 all day and playing with props now, not sure after but shooting for the Century mark. New trailer not shown. A lot invested but turn key!

Old 03-31-2022, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by RBeyer
What is your budget? I guess everything is potentially for sale. I have Purple Haze, Everything mechanical is about 25 to 30 hours, Tyler Crockett built and modified Hawk 525SC's, Imco SC Drives with -2" shorties. Even just bought a new aluminum trailer. Boat runs a solid 95 all day and playing with props now, not sure after but shooting for the Century mark. New trailer not shown. A lot invested but turn key!
my buddy use to own that boat up here in Mi. In that 28 ft range nothing is better than a saber in my opinion, single or twins but I’d rather have twins. Other buddy has an old school 24 that is sweet as well.
The following users liked this post:
RBeyer (03-31-2022)
Old 03-31-2022, 01:22 PM
Registered

Oh wow, killer boat, thanks for posting. I'm really looking for more of a 65-75mph boat as I've got a young family and wife not really into crazy speeds. Hood scoops not ideal either because we spend most of our time on the back of the boat and in the water trying to beat the hot TX sun. Still, for purple haze could probably do some where around $45K considering the upgrades. I'd be interested in buying less engines and drives as well.

When you bought your new trailer did you get torsion axles? Is the boat height on trailer less than 6ft 10in necessary to clear standard height garage? Looks like you are using a standard height garage.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 03-31-2022 at 02:20 PM.
RBeyer (03-31-2022)
Old 03-31-2022, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 406 Likes on 181 Posts

Tex where did your 28 Apache end up going?
Old 03-31-2022, 06:20 PM
Registered

It went to LOTO for bout 8-10 years and believe it's back in the Chesepeake Bay now were I got it. There are two nice 28 Apaches for sale looked to be thoroughly restored for about what I'd pay for Purple Haze, but I'm done with that model. It's a great model with really good ingress/degress the way the dash is can kind of sit up there and can quickly get to the bow without doing any acrobatics and it did great in rough water and I loved how big the cabin was, but it was heavy and I just got so tired of working in the bilge, swore I'd never do that again. I didn't have much money back then either and that boat sucked me dry.

I've been boating with 18ft outboard bay boat I still have plus my family has a fleet of boats........think my annual cost of ownership is less than $500 including gas. But now I've got money and an itch to go fast again. Hoping the Saber is a little easier to work on the way the back on back seat lifts up with the hatch, although the hatch on Purple Haze isn't designed that way. I'm looking for a 28 something cut down more with flat deck so it will fit thru my standard height 7ft garage and that list is pretty small. Wish I could find that old all white Saber. I almost bought it twice, both times had finally decided to buy and owner sold it that week after sitting for sale for months. Had I of bought that boat I'd still have it for sure and would probably be a little fatter in the wallet.

Anyone know what happened to the newer outboard 28 Saber that was for sale since it was built new? Looks like the listings were all removed recently.
Old 03-31-2022, 08:18 PM
Registered

Oh wow, killer boat, thanks for posting. I'm really looking for more of a 65-75mph boat as I've got a young family and wife not really into crazy speeds. Hood scoops not ideal either because we spend most of our time on the back of the boat and in the water trying to beat the hot TX sun. Still, for purple haze could probably do some where around $45K considering the upgrades. I'd be interested in buying less engines and drives as well.

When you bought your new trailer did you get torsion axles? Is the boat height on trailer less than 6ft 10in necessary to clear standard height garage? Looks like you are using a standard height garage.
I did get the new one with torsion axles. My old one is shown in this pic. I believe it will clear 6'8" but I have 8' doors at my new home so that was not a concern.
I would still have to find something else and have near that in motors and definitely significantly more wiith drives. Just thought I would throw it out there and test the waters. My total investment not counting labor much of it mine is north of $100K still considerably cheaper than new and not much out there in that arena of speed for less.
I'm sure you'll find something out there, in reality a single would probably put you about where you want to be speed wise. Probably a lot of panic selling with gas. I didn't build this because I was concerned about that. Lol. Best of luck and thank you!

Last edited by RBeyer; 03-31-2022 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-01-2022, 09:12 AM
Registered

I did get the new one with torsion axles. My old one is shown in this pic. I believe it will clear 6'8" but I have 8' doors at my new home so that was not a concern.
I would still have to find something else and have near that in motors and definitely significantly more wiith drives. Just thought I would throw it out there and test the waters. My total investment not counting labor much of it mine is north of $100K still considerably cheaper than new and not much out there in that arena of speed for less.
I'm sure you'll find something out there, in reality a single would probably put you about where you want to be speed wise. Probably a lot of panic selling with gas. I didn't build this because I was concerned about that. Lol. Best of luck and thank you!
I know exactly what you mean. Thanks for the opportunity. Please keep me in mind if you find a good engine swap candidate or something else.
RBeyer (04-01-2022)
Old 04-01-2022, 11:22 AM
Registered

I know exactly what you mean. Thanks for the opportunity. Please keep me in mind if you find a good engine swap candidate or something else.
Will do best of luck on your search!
Old 04-02-2022, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tex
I know where one is sitting in a warehouse right now, might be close to what you looking for...
Offshore will not allow me send you a private message or post a photo.
How can I contact you?

Last edited by meangene; 04-02-2022 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Text issue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.