Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing) >

84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)

Notices

84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)

Old 02-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Built a make shift spray booth in my garage so I can paint my hatches white!

Old 02-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Registered

Yes it's February and I am outside working on the boat, 31 degrees for a high today but the sun helped a bit

Started mocking up a space for some more gauges, a glove box and a flush mounted gps!!

The one for this summer will be made out of lexan or starboard and will be the template for next winters project to replace the windshield With a fiberglass windscreen! Yes I am already planning next years projects

A couple not so good phone pics!

Old 02-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have followed this thread from the beginning and I have to say, it has been such an encouragement for the little things I have gotten done on mine. Thanks so much for sharing, you have done an awesome job!
Old 02-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Apathetic
I have followed this thread from the beginning and I have to say, it has been such an encouragement for the little things I have gotten done on mine. Thanks so much for sharing, you have done an awesome job!
Thanks man! One of the reasons I post pics is to encourage! What kinds of things have you done to yours?
Old 03-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow, this really motivates me to get back to work on mine!! I am going to be redoing my engine hatch on mine myself!! What wood did you use, and where did you purchase that fiberglass and resin? Thanks
Sam
Old 03-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CigaretteSam
Wow, this really motivates me to get back to work on mine!! I am going to be redoing my engine hatch on mine myself!! What wood did you use, and where did you purchase that fiberglass and resin? Thanks
Sam
I used 3/8 plywood for the deck surface and red oak for the frame on the bottom side. I then ordered the biaxial mat and the resin from Fiberglasssite.....http://www.fiberglasssite.com/servlet/StoreFront

Great site, fast service!

2 layers of biaxial mat on on each side. Once dry I supported the cover on the edges and had me and my buddy (combined weight - 390lbs.) stand on it and it didn't flex at all! Rock solid!!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 502ss
I used 3/8 plywood for the deck surface and red oak for the frame on the bottom side. I then ordered the biaxial mat and the resin from Fiberglasssite.....http://www.fiberglasssite.com/servlet/StoreFront

Great site, fast service!

2 layers of biaxial mat on on each side. Once dry I supported the cover on the edges and had me and my buddy (combined weight - 390lbs.) stand on it and it didn't flex at all! Rock solid!!
Thanks for the info!! I will use them when I re-do mine. Keep up the great work on the project!!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well 502ss you have inspired me to look at a 1992 28 ft scarab that needs work and I have been following your posts and it is just Awesome how everthing you've done looks just to cool..Thanks and please keep posting your accomplishments..I look forward to seeing them..Thanks
Old 04-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Registered

One step closer to the real thing!

Got the test print taped on the boat today. The colors are not quite right because it is just printed on paper but you get the basic idea! Once I come back from havasu I hope to start printing the real thing!

Old 05-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Registered

The printing of the wrap has begun!!

Quick Reply: 84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.