Post A Pic Of Your Scarab! >

Post A Pic Of Your Scarab!

Notices

Post A Pic Of Your Scarab!

Old 11-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phughes69
JohnLX302. I like the colors of your boat and your boat. I have always liked the scarab I with the radar arch. I first saw the Scarab I in the 1986 issue of popular mechanics that had the "machines of Miami Vice" article. Do you have any pictures of your interior? What kind of power does it have? What are your plans for the future for it?
i will try to post up some pics before i shrink wrap her they wont be the best pics of her because i just removed the 350 mag for a long winter overhaul the boat is in outstanding shape for the year. the motor is gettting a set of 034 bowtie heads, comp marine cam, 750 carb and intake. and of course some engine dresss up stuff! in the process of looking for exhaust nowboat has stock manifods with 4 inch risers and threw hull but i need better exhaust so i dont choke the new motor! and maybe sell it and look for another rig after next summer.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rookie
No problem, you need to use the generated code for Message boards. I think it is the 4th code down.

What year is your Mustang? I assume by your screen name you own a 5.0
yes thanks again! i have an 88 lx street/mild track car i kina got out of the car scene for boat stuff but its a garage queen just sits there under a cover lol
Old 11-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 1,204 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by johnlx302
kinda got out of the car scene for boat stuff but its a garage queen just sits there under a cover lol
Know what you mean. Mine hasn't been plated since I got my Scarab in 2001 I plan on building it up this winter if I can ever stop throwing money at my boat. '87 T-Top GT the only year available in this body style

Old 02-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Registered

Default 1984 Scarab 1

Here is a pic of my 1984 Scarab 1 that I purchased in 1989. This is a great little boat but I am ready to hand this one to my son and get me a larger one (I hope).
Old 02-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 1,204 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by dcdragshop
Here is a pic of my 1984 Scarab 1 that I purchased in 1989. This is a great little boat but I am ready to hand this one to my son and get me a larger one (I hope).

Nice ride!!
Welcome to OSO! It seems that you have been a part of the Scarab club for a while.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Registered

Post Thanks Rookie

Yea I have really enjoyed the heck out of that boat. After owning one for so long it would be hard to buy another kind of boat especially when you find out how other boats are made compared to a Scarab. This boat has come off the trailer and went through my tail gate once and barely scratched the nose, just a little touch up paint. I am very happy with the Scarabs. Thanks for the kind words and looking forward to more posting. This is an awesome Forum unlike any i`ve ran into. I can`t wait to start seeing some more photos of peoples Scarabs now that spring is on it`s way.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dcdragshop
Yea I have really enjoyed the heck out of that boat. After owning one for so long it would be hard to buy another kind of boat especially when you find out how other boats are made compared to a Scarab. This boat has come off the trailer and went through my tail gate once and barely scratched the nose, just a little touch up paint. I am very happy with the Scarabs. Thanks for the kind words and looking forward to more posting. This is an awesome Forum unlike any i`ve ran into. I can`t wait to start seeing some more photos of peoples Scarabs now that spring is on it`s way.
Even though you cant buy a new scarab you can find plenty of great used ones! Welcome to OSO and more importantly the OSO Scarab Club!

...Jim
Old 02-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 46 Larry Smith

46 Larry Smith Scarab
Attached Thumbnails Post A Pic Of Your Scarab!-46-larry-smith-005.jpg  
Old 02-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FiberglassArt
46 Larry Smith Scarab
That boat looks GOOD!
Old 02-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Registered

The Miami Vice 38KV is still a great looking boat, one of my all time faves. The lines, paint, arc, engine hatces, etc...are timeless.

Wellcraft/Scarab/Larry Smith really created some great looking boats from the 21ft-46ft. They had a great run, to bad they still don't make a few boats on a limited production.

Quick Reply: Post A Pic Of Your Scarab!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.