Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in kemah
Old 06-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Finney
I live in kemah
Well then you have seen my girl...... the 38KV!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Randy , Get any bites on the boat yet ?

Jim
Old 06-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cigboat1
Randy , Get any bites on the boat yet ?

Jim
Thought I read somewhere he decided to keep it.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Registered

Smile

Originally Posted by JetJock
A once in a lifetime opportunity has presented itself and I want to pursue it. I may store the Scarab but that would not be fair to her....sitting around a dusty garage, I would rather find her a good home.

I can get more pics, etc....if anyone is interested.
After my Dad died one of his wealthy friends told me, "Son never get attached to material things you can replace them."

Chase your dreams then buy two of them!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Registered

I'm 50/50 on selling her or keeping her. I really think that I will NEVER be able to replace her again, so if I sell her that's it as far as owing another 38KV.

I am looking at storage options, I need at least 1-2 years of storage, and I will have her winterized and wrapped up for safe keeping until I return. COVERED STORAGE ONLY--if anyone knows of a place in the Kemah/League City area I would like to hear from them!

If I could cut through all the Miami Vice geek wannabe's and find some serious 38KV possible buyers I would make them a deal. E/bay I had 200+ watchers and got scared it would sell so I pulled the auction, I may out it back up for auction again.

I also know the market is soft, however I am not selling her for Panter or Excel prices--she is a classic and that adds 5K to the price (just my opinion) and she is repowered with NICE NEW BLUE 500EFI's MERC RACING Engines that have been babied, with less than 200 hours!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Registered

Keep it. Like you said it will be hard to replace. A boat in that condition with that engine and drive setup will be hard to find. There is no way you will regret keeping it, but you will probably regret selling it.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JetJock... Do not Sell it.. that's an order. You'll be sorry later on. Think of the Re-union with her, the memories of the first time come vividly back and so on, you'll even forget the worst moments, those are moments that are priceless trust me. Once you loose something dear you'll never be the same.

* Trust me I found it the hard way.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
JetJock... Do not Sell it.. that's an order. You'll be sorry later on. Think of the Re-union with her, the memories of the first time come vividly back and so on, you'll even forget the worst moments, those are moments that are priceless trust me. Once you loose something dear you'll never be the same.

* Trust me I found it the hard way.
MIKey--you talked me into it! Thank you my friend!
Old 06-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by triple XL
Keep it. Like you said it will be hard to replace. A boat in that condition with that engine and drive setup will be hard to find. There is no way you will regret keeping it, but you will probably regret selling it.
Great points....I will try to make it work. She will always be a classic!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.