Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Scarab (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/scarab-41/)
-   -   1996 38' Scarab for sale...... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/scarab/26107-1996-38-scarab-sale.html)

thisistank 06-07-2002 09:53 PM

1996 38' Scarab for sale......

Just giving you guys a heads up....
A very good friend of mine is selling his pristine 96 scarab. Heres some of the details:

Boat:

38 foot, custom blue printed bottom by Eddie Merantz, Full and cockpit covers, leather cabin, porta potty, 2,0000 watt Sony stereo system with 4 10" subs 14 speakers all together, onboard GPS, VHS radio, Mood lighting in cabin with custom purple neon lighting through out cabin, cockpit, and engine compartment, new interior in Nov. of 2000 with purple carpit, Jegs blower scoops, electric drop down bolsters, main colors are purple and red.

Motors:

Twin turn key Teague 800's. practically everything polished! w/ purple anodyzed pulleys. big B&M blowers, Super chillers, MSD ignition, Large sea strainers, CMI headers, Bam 1000 trannies, oil/tranny coolers. 55 baby'd hours. Boat has never been over 75 MPH! Est. top speed near 100 MPH. motors run smooth and flawless, without a problem.

Drives:

Twin Fresh (in Nov. '00)#3 large shaft drives. cleaver 4 blade props, lathum external steering, and custom one of a kind billet stand off boxes. These boxes were forged out of billet blocks by Duke Inc. aviation in Vannuys Ca. They allow the trannies to work through them with out having to move the engines forward, thus creating more room in the engine compartment. The hull is still cut out for bravo's! This method has proven to work extremely well in keeping the boat in the water in big seas as well as allowing ample room in the engine compartment.

Trailer:

1990 tripple axle competitive trailer completely re-done in 2000 with fresh matched purple paint, Alcoa rims, and custom extended drive protector. Just re-done may of 2002 was new stainless electric disc brakes and new 12,000 pound jack.

Asking price is 145,000. This boat has been very well taken care of by an extremely picky person. No one will be dissapointed with this boat. email me for pics. or questions.

Tank

[email protected]

Mike J 06-11-2002 11:01 PM

Tank
Im wondering if the 43ft
Scarab with Weismann drives your talking about
is not the 48ft with twin
FABIO Tri-Max Surface drives I was talking about
on a early post about NEW
SCARAB Projects.
Mike J.

thisistank 06-12-2002 05:02 PM

Mike,

I don't think so...the 43 boat actually doesn't have the drives on yet and doesn't have the motors in. The pictures were of another new scarab with the inline motors and Weisman drives. And this is the set up they were talking about doing to this (the 43) boat. boat is VERY nice! Larry smith is doing a nice job with it.

Tank

Vyper340 06-13-2002 08:31 AM

Post a few pics here on OSO

thisistank 06-17-2002 12:28 AM

I would love too but I'm not even close to beeing skilled enough to do that! I have the pics on a floppy if anyone is interested...Or wants to post them for me;)

Tank

MikeScarab28XLT 06-17-2002 06:24 AM

send the pics to my mail adress !! i post the pics for you !

[email protected]

Mike J 06-18-2002 12:03 AM

Tank: Im sure you have the
photos of Little Sister,
As Pat W. has named the
boat, AKA Capt. Hooks Scarab.
If you will send the disk
to Michael(Scarab28xlt)
Im sure he will be able to
post them, I have sent him
a number of Photos that he
has posted on the board.