scarab 22 replacement gauges? >

scarab 22 replacement gauges?

Notices

scarab 22 replacement gauges?

Old 10-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scarab 22 replacement gauges?

has anyone found replacement gauges for the 4 5/8" tach and speedo in the 22' scarab? i belive the sprint used them as well...

im looking for a new set but all i find are 3 3/8...
Old 10-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Registered

Good to see this thread. I'm about to do this my self on my S22 too!
Old 10-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Registered

ive spent numerous hours researching and ive literally called every gauge manufacturer and produces marine gauges...

here are your options as far as i know so far..

oversided bezel from CP performance.. their used for going from a liquid filled speedo to a gps speedo. Bezel I.D. is 3-3/8" and O.D. is 4-1/2", this will allow you to get a complete gauge kit that utelize 3-3/8" speedo and tach and ofcourse use the other gauges that come in the kits...

part # 125-fl-37358

next option is from Faria gauges... i refuse to use these i think the speedo is ugly but an option for you. i dont know the exact part number from faria, but you can ask them about these.

http://greatlakesskipper.com/product...gauge-set.html

those are all i have for now options wise, im still waiting for wellcraft to email me back about if they still manufacture dash blanks so i can cut my own holes and use a 5" tach and speedo and have the correct spacing.

if you end up using the bezels and plan on getting a complete gauge kit, i recomend getting the kit from faria so all of your senders will match up with the new gauges and you wont need to change anything.
hope some of this helps..

Last edited by matt1840; 10-05-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Registered

I myself have yet to find any gauges im actually happy with.
Honestly I really like the auto meter the most. They are white which I like but most importantly they have red needles which are nice cause your eyes can contrast it against the gauge without really having to focus. Like peripheral vision. Second I think chrome bezels are not cool. They just reflect the sun into your eyes. Last thing you need is to have more glare and reflection obstructing the view of your instruments.

Also Autometer is very inexpensive and they have a large selection. I am just wondering if I can swap the lights out for LED's. Ive done this in several cars..
Old 10-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Registered

then your best bet is to use the bezels i mentioned... using 2 autometer 3-3/8" gauges for your tach and speedo... all others are 2-1/16 gauges... two 5" gauges wont fit even if you enlarge the holes. theres simply not enough room between any of the gauges the gauge face rings would be hitting one another, unless you cut a small amount off each to make them fit.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Registered

ok guys, recieved the cp performance oversized bezels.... they work but arent something id use... sent them back...

i took 2 hours today and spent it drawing some up in a CAD program... a friend of a friend has a CNC machine and in a week or two i should have some adapter bezels for 3-3/8" gauges..

this gauge hunting has forced me to use my brain lol

if all turns out well, ill post pics and if any of you would like a pair id be happy to get them goin.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Registered

i gave up on the gauge fight myself and went with the auto meter gauges built a custom gauge pannel out of aluminium taking it out this winter and having my friend cut a new pannel out of high grade durelin plastic as the aluminium has had some corrosion problems. but all in all i love the auto meter gauges and the new gauge pannel also removed the stupid depth finder gauge to be replaced for a boost gauge if i get a chance ill take some pics black pannel with white gauges.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boosted22
i gave up on the gauge fight myself and went with the auto meter gauges built a custom gauge pannel out of aluminium taking it out this winter and having my friend cut a new pannel out of high grade durelin plastic as the aluminium has had some corrosion problems. but all in all i love the auto meter gauges and the new gauge pannel also removed the stupid depth finder gauge to be replaced for a boost gauge if i get a chance ill take some pics black pannel with white gauges.
I'd be interested in a dash panel. PM me if you'd like to make me a deal on one
Old 10-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Registered

i am not planning on making them for production but i maybe able to make a few but that wont be for a few more months as i am in the process of fixing some wood rot and building my new 355 procharged motor prob wont be done till jan. i will take some pics this weekend of my current gauge pannel so you can see what it looks like.