Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Scarab (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/scarab-41/)
-   -   Scarab Moulds (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/scarab/366005-scarab-moulds.html)

boatlessatm 04-26-2020 02:07 AM

Scarab Moulds

On Facebook there is some selling all of the Scarab moulds (from 19ft to 38). I think the 38AVS has already sold.

Is this legit?

I thought the moulds were either destroyed or with Archer Marine

Team Archer 04-27-2020 05:07 PM

I have the Larry Smith Race boat molds those are the wellcraft molds.

Team Archer 04-27-2020 05:09 PM

I have all of the Larry Smith Scarab Race boat molds. those are the Wellcraft junk.

1960brookwood 04-27-2020 05:29 PM

So the current offerings by Beneteau are Wellcraft in name only--have no actual lineage?

boatlessatm 04-28-2020 04:31 PM

That’s interesting. I thought there are numerous threads online that all the Wellcraft moulds were crushed.

Rookie 04-28-2020 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by 1960brookwood (Post 4735924)
So the current offerings by Beneteau are Wellcraft in name only--have no actual lineage?

From what I have gathered over the years. The original "Scarab" was made by Larry Smith. He leased the name and similarities to Wellcraft. Wellcraft then mass marketed the Scarab name an made a ton of "production line" Scarab boats in many lengths using the Scarab name. The majority of the bada$$ Scarab race boats were custom Larry Smith hulls. When the majority of people think of a Scarab boat they are probably referring to the Wellcraft production boats, but the lineage started as a custom boat from Larry Smith. And those are the molds Team Archer has.
Am I close Dan?

Team Archer 04-29-2020 01:03 PM

right on the money the boats that Beneteau are selling have nothing in common with the Scarab lineage they bought the name and put it on everything that they had that floated they have screwed up the name. witch is to bad Regards Dan

Rookie 04-29-2020 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Team Archer (Post 4736327)
right on the money the boats that Beneteau are selling have nothing in common with the Scarab lineage they bought the name and put it on everything that they had that floated they have screwed up the name. witch is to bad Regards Dan

So these aren't even the molds that the original Wellcraft Scarabs came from that had the blessing of a Larry Smith? These are the molds that Four Winns puts the Scarab name on? That's blasphemy!

hoodoo 06-24-2020 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by boatlessatm (Post 4736109)
That’s interesting. I thought there are numerous threads online that all the Wellcraft moulds were crushed.

There were definitely moulds on the property when it sold but were removed before renovations began. As Team Archer said, none would be LS’s. However, there was a lot of local interest to know if any were 302’s or 38’s.

no limits 07-01-2020 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Team Archer (Post 4735921)
I have all of the Larry Smith Scarab Race boat molds. those are the Wellcraft junk.

which ones?
26, 28, 31, 38, 43, 46?