38kv performance questions >

38kv performance questions

Notices

38kv performance questions

Old 02-24-2021, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

The easiest way to switch rotation is to switch the whole drive. Disconnect your tie bar, remove the trim rams at the outboard end. loosen the trim rams on the transom assembly. and then remove the 6 bolts holding the drive to the helmet. make sure you have new gaskets for the drives. beforehand. I use gaskets off ebay like $6 each.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by phughes69 View Post
The easiest way to switch rotation is to switch the whole drive. Disconnect your tie bar, remove the trim rams at the outboard end. loosen the trim rams on the transom assembly. and then remove the 6 bolts holding the drive to the helmet. make sure you have new gaskets for the drives. beforehand. I use gaskets off ebay like $6 each.
Thank you phuges that's exactly what I was needing to know.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:26 AM
Registered

The following 2 users liked this post by Nocoast:
30ftpanther (04-14-2021), hblair (02-25-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 11:50 AM
Registered

I can finally post pics so that is the boat. I'll post as I do stuff but it is more of a long term project. This years plan is to blueprint the bottom, get rid of the graphics and fix a glass issues in the cuddy, I think I am going to gut the front and ditch every bit of wood in favor of composite. The long term plan is to have a wood free boat hopefully shedding 1k lbs or so, quad turbo the 500's since it was an option back in the day, drop the floor a few inches so you sit further in the boat and do the betty cook 89 kaama paint job. I am far from being a knowledgeable boat guy I have had a few but my background is in building hot rods and fabrication so any input along the way will be greatly appreciated!
The following users liked this post:
hblair (02-25-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 09:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 257 Likes on 78 Posts

Boat looks nice! I also pondered going composite when I started into mine. My reasoning was that the boat is never going to be fast by modern standards, so I opted to put it together with plywood and do a better job sealing it.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:43 PM
Registered

If it runs an honest 75mph Iíll be more than happy, Iím more doing it for efficiency towing, cruising around and to never have to worry about rot again. Iíve replaced wood on every boat Iíve ever had and it sucks. This era of boat just looks fast and bad ass just cruising lol. Btw hb this project is about 78.5% your fault! Iíve always drooled over the flat decks and your build was the nail in the coffin
Old 02-25-2021, 10:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 257 Likes on 78 Posts

Sorry. 😁 When I was considering buying my boat I called up glassdave to try to get him to talk me out of it. He said something like ďIím the last guy to call for thatĒ. So we all kinda spread this unhealthy addiction around.
Nocoast (02-25-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 07:09 PM
Registered

Drug the boat out to my big shop so I can use the overhead cranes over Easter to yank the motors and reseal them. My plan is to sandblast and paint the gimbles drives and trannys while everything is apart. I plan on painting the transom black as well. Pulled all the hydraulic cylinders and had them rebuilt (lift cylinders were leaking like crazy) and hopefully have it back together by Monday night. My question is do I use the rear water intakes or the bottom pick up? The rears have been plugged off since I got the boat.

hblair (04-02-2021)
Old 04-02-2021, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 149 Likes on 65 Posts

From what we have found the transom mounted pickups work better at the higher speeds. If you need some I make the ones that Heath is using on his project. Regards Dan
Nocoast (04-04-2021)
Old 04-03-2021, 08:09 AM
Registered

Decided to stick with the water pickups in the bottom of the boat for now, the rear pickups are in pretty poor shape. My old lady stopped by yesterday and peeled the wrap off so Iím down to a blank canvas now. The transom and rear stringers are solid so that is a huge relief 😅

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.