1995 Scarab 35 Sport Comfort Zone information >

1995 Scarab 35 Sport Comfort Zone information

Notices

1995 Scarab 35 Sport Comfort Zone information

Old 06-15-2020, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1995 Scarab 35 Sport Comfort Zone information

So I purchased this boat a couple years ago out at LOTO and been doing some upgrades and repairs to it while using it. I just wanted to post her up to share and see what sort information people might have to share about these boats and maybe even this specific one. I have not found much in the way for other Scarab 35' Sports from this era. Doesn't look like there were many built.

I do know this boat use to be registered in Huntington , NY to a Annmarie Booth back in 2000 and was called Comfort Zone.

Any history on these boats or this specific boat would be great!

Old 06-16-2020, 02:48 AM
Registered

Received 632 Likes on 292 Posts

Congrats to your Scarab CC. This model is called the 34 Scarab Super Sport and debuted in 1986. Your's the last model year, 1995. These are 33'10" and got a 8'4" beam. The first model with this hull was the Scarab 340 III, and came to market in 1983. Since the beam is a little narrow at 8'4" compared to say a 2001 Scarab 35 Sport center console, whose beam is 9'9", your boat is a little faster and more agile with equal power. Wellcraft sold quite a few of these, but in comparison to its contemporary Scarab 302 Sport, well then your boat is much less common. Don't know the history of your specific boat, but most well-known guys that have put more power on, and done upgrades, have pretty much all had to re-do stringers, floor and replaced the transom. A busy and rough day at LOTO might be trouble if you run her too hard, but on your local Kansas lakes you should be fine. How are her bones, and does she do 60? The vinyl wrap looks good.

BTW, here's a video of a clean original 1984 Scarab 340 III.

Last edited by larslindroth; 06-16-2020 at 02:55 AM.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:10 AM
Registered

62 on the GPS is the best I have seen out of her so far.
We had a full survey done before we bought her and everything checked out great (aside from some mechanical issues). Stringers, floor and transom are all solid. We have run it on the gulf a couple times out of corpus christi without any issues thus far.
Vinyl wrap is a 20' footer at this point. I had it at a mechanic for warranty repairs and it sat outside for over a year and just roasted it. So this winter I will be spending my free time with a steamer removing the whole thing to see what lies beneath lol.
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (07-30-2020)
Old 07-29-2020, 11:57 AM
Registered

Hi, great boat!

If you come across any documentation or manuals, let me know, and I'll do the same. I've been trying to find details for my 89 Scarab III 340, that is about to get a major overhaul, but details are few and far between.

Do you know if your bracket is an add on aluminum or steel? Or is it glass, and integrated into the stringers as OEM from wellcraft??

Best,

Patrick
Old 07-30-2020, 01:33 AM
Registered

Received 632 Likes on 292 Posts

Limited info available to owners. Product information guides back to 1985. Owner manuals from 1996 forward.

https://www.wellcraft.com/intl/owners