Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sea Ray
Searay srv 260 xl vanguard 1981 >

Searay srv 260 xl vanguard 1981

Searay srv 260 xl vanguard 1981

Old 07-30-2010, 03:09 PM
JMH
Registered

Default Searay srv 260 xl vanguard 1981

Does anyone have any info about this searay`s model?
I recently bought this kind of boat just for it`s looks.
Its powered with twin 350 mpi`s and i haven`t seen anywhere else in the whole world another this same model.
As far as i know, this model is made only in 1981.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Registered

just did a quick google search not much popped up ?
Do you have any pics to post of the boat ??
use http://photobucket.com/ its free and easy to use.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:35 AM
Registered

Default Go to:

Searay.com.

Then click on "customer support". You can download the owners manual which will have good data for you.

I just looked up your boat, so it is there.

Scott
Old 07-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Registered

Have had two,one in the mid 80's and one now that I have had for 5 yrs. Don't like to spell or say Vanguard so I just call it a SXL In all my travels have never seen another one. Have seen them with twin 305's or a single but never with twin 350's. Yours are transplants if they are MPI's. Have to say I love the boat, and yes its just about one of a kind. 1981 to 1983 they looked just about alike.I pretty much know the boat inside & out.Both of mine had the bolsters with the fold down seat in the back ot them,walk in back out or back in walk out head.You have found tourself a GEM good luck and take care of it please.You can find your boat at searay archives.com.Thanks Rick....
Old 02-23-2014, 10:27 AM
Registered

old thread........but I have one of these with twin 350.s in it ...drop down bolster seat in back silver burgundy interior.....a luxury off shore effort......has any one done there stringers in a boat like this one......I found some black carpenter ants last fall......had it sprayed......got rid of them.....but I think I should investigate into the floor...any thoughts..thanks russ..Ontario
Old 07-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Registered

I have an 82 vanguard with twin 350's and alpha ones I have seen one or two occasionally on the web. I bought mine in 1999 and due to military choices and future X wife choices to boat has sat and may not even be fit now as a project boat. I wont know until I get down to the stringers and see if shes worth saving. Sea Ray was kind enough to get me the actual boat plans which has everything from the wiring harness to the cushion dimensions.

They are far and few between. I beleive 82 was the last year of the balsa stringers and then they changed the build process.

Last edited by GSE1; 07-08-2016 at 04:36 PM. Reason: spelling