Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Multi Media Gallery > Sharkey-Images
Hurricane Irene @ The Jersey Shore >

Hurricane Irene @ The Jersey Shore

Notices

Hurricane Irene @ The Jersey Shore

Old 08-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck Tim! You and your family stay safe!
Old 08-26-2011, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are in an evacuation zone, leave. It a terrible feeling when you realize the storm is getting fierce and you have no outs.

Also, can you put the entire cast and crew from Jersey Shore on the beach so they can 'cover' it?
Old 08-26-2011, 06:58 AM
Registered

Nothing about this storm is gonna be fun

.Better get ready!!!!!!!! .
No power for any long term causes mayhem you havnt even thought about ..

Good luck from the plywood state .
Old 08-26-2011, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Be safe up there guys and girls. Besides the media,, this is a big storm. One way or another the whole Eastern boarder will be effected. I never did the evac. but I seen them. Half of Florida is going North on I95, and silly me traveling South on I95. No one was going South but me so I had the road all to myself and avaraged over 100 MPH from Jax to Boca. But the outher side (North bound) was going 2-3 MPH for a 100 miles stretch. All lanes, on grass, on safety strips. Hellava mess. Cars overheated on the sides every mile. If you have to evacuate. DON'T WAIT FOR THE LAST MINUTE. If you got to go.. go EARLY.

Last edited by PARADOX; 08-26-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Get out now and don't wait till tomorrow. Will be praying for everyone to be safe and hope property damage is minimal.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:34 AM
Registered

Good luck, dont know whether this noaa service will help you in your situation when you decide what to do. I have access to about every print version of Northamerican newspapers and I can only say that the weather forecast in Canada is even effecting right now:

http://imaphurricane.info/

Last edited by ducktail; 08-26-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:56 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are on well water fill up your tub or pails of water so you can flush the toilets.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lessons learned from living on island

On the list of things you don't think about.........
if you evacuate......take enough ID that will let you back into your area if needed.
Take insurance papers and you might lose power....be the first at Walgreens to buy one of those battery powered fans.
Kitty litter in a bucket can be for more reasons than a cat.
Don't leave your pets home alone..........stranded pets that get loose usually end up in the florida shelters and they want to be with you
DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE WORDS.......STORM SURGE
If you evacuate, you may not be able to get back into your area right away and if there is storm surge ....water can sit in your downstairs area and property......be prepared for what you will find. It isn't pretty, it is costly, and it doesn't smell good. Been there........lost my car and lower floor.
Last minute decisions to get on the highway lead to other disasters in bumper to bumper traffic
Don't be a hero........take this seriously even if a miracle takes it in a different direction
Good luck

Last edited by Pat D; 08-26-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:49 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Thank you all for the great advice !

I have a bad feeling about this one and have been trying to convince my wife to take this one seriously.

I asked her to stock on food earlier in the week and here it is now Friday and she wants to shop tonight or tomorrow. I told her it probably is already too late. The shelves at most food stores from what I was told are pretty much empty by now.

I grabbed as many gallons of water as I could last night. Will probably get more later. I like the filling of the bath tub idea even though I have city water. I have life vests ready should for some odd reason we may need them. I am preparing to stay as well as being prepared should we have to leave. We will be ready. I understand The Garden State Parkway and Interstate 195 will be switching over to all one direction. Parkway North & I-195 WEST
Getting anything that can fly and putting it inside the garage.
I don't like the fact that we will be getting hit mainly overnight.

Out of our hands. We will just deal with what we are dealt with...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sharkey -

You might be surprised at the food stores. I'm in Manahawkin, and my wife went over to Shop Rite earlier today to pick up a few things. She said it wasn't really much different than any other day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.