Notices

Some of my projects

Old 04-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some of my projects

Here are some of my projects so far:

1.Speaker installs
2.Air cond. Return grill....I cut it out on the CNC machine for the return air grill, I also have around return vent under the backrest next to the sink
3. I also installed batteries, 1800 watt invertor and 20 amp charger into the closet....I will be installing a air cond. supply vent into the closet for cooling
Attached Thumbnails Some of my projects-apr05_0014.jpg   Some of my projects-apr05_0016.jpg   Some of my projects-apr05_0012.jpg  

Last edited by corbvette; 04-05-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Registered

4. I also installed a lcd/dvd tv where the mirror was

Air and tv will run off the inverter...I figure with the 240 amp hours of battery life I should get about 3 hours of constant run time.

I still have more work to do but this is the beginning
Attached Thumbnails Some of my projects-apr05_0002.jpg   Some of my projects-apr05_0003.jpg   Some of my projects-apr05_0010.jpg  

Old 04-06-2007, 05:59 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good. I really like the door. Will you have enough return air opening? What AC unit are you installing? Guess you won't be storing any cloths in there. How are you plannign on running a supply to the closet from the AC unit?
Would you be interested in sharing the CNC program for the Fountain circle and name logo?
Old 04-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Registered

I dont think the door alone is enough air so I cut in a round vent on the sink side of the cabinet in between the back rest and the seat near the side wall so you dont really see it.

I have never put aything besides life jackets in the closet anyway.

As for the ac vent in the closet...I went through the step and used the existing deck hole on one side and added one on the other side. You can then cut a hole in the base of the cooler cabinet and in the floor of the closet. I am only using 3" vent for that supply. I also ran all my 120 volt wiring through the steep also, I just drilled 1" holes up high close to the front of the step, I added shore power so the wiring goes from the shore power plug to the inverter then to the 120 volt panel.(The inverter has a built in transfer switch)

I put in a marine aire system, I dont have the model # but it is the small one with low amp draw. I have little kids and they take naps in the cabin while we are hanging out at the bay so thet is why I went with the inverter set up. We have a house on the water so we only spend the night on the boat if we are on a trip somewhere..2 to 3 nights a year

Give me a call next week and we can talk about the progam and see if it will work for you.....630-742-2257

Jeff
Old 04-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tweeters look nice. How hard was it to run the wiring up there?
Old 04-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

nice work!
Old 04-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Registered

It was pretty easy to get the wiring there...I used the access hole under the glove compartment for the port side and for the starboard side you can access the area from under the dash. The hard part was to fabricate the pod mounts at the right angle to flow with the windshild and the dash. These are set #3 and turned out perfect. The port side is a tad bit taller due to the height of the dash being different on each side.

Thanks for the compliments!!
Old 04-11-2007, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the picture of the port side tweeter you can see something black on the dash in front of the glove box. Is that a Sat radio antenna? If so, is the reception ok going through the tinted plexi?
Old 04-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Registered

Yes it is the sirius sat. ant. It works great, I have never lost the signal unless I'm going under a bridge in no wake zones.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Registered

1.New storage area and amp location where cooler access used to be.

2. New billet fire ext. holder and chrome extinguiser

3. finished ac unit and electical control box mounted where cooler used to be.
Attached Thumbnails Some of my projects-apr13_0001.jpg   Some of my projects-apr13_0004.jpg   Some of my projects-apr13_0012.jpg  

Quick Reply: Some of my projects

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.