Bullet Questions

Notices

Bullet Questions

Old 03-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bullet Questions

I’ve got some questions for you guys with Bullets:

I’ve always been a fan of the old Flat Deck 38’s, but I think a Bullet will be more in lines with my needs. Not ready to get anything just yet, but would like to do some research?

Do any of you guys know the overall length of a Bullet on a trailer?

How well do they tow?

I keep seeing lots of stories about guys redoing the heads on Bullets. Did the majority of Bullets come with heads?

What type of speeds are they capable with different power?

How well do they handle at higher speeds?

Does anyone have any good pictures of engine compartments, cockpit, and cabin?

Thanks for all of you help.

Doug
Old 03-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Registered

Default Re: Bullet Questions

ask craig.. hes your man..
Old 03-08-2005, 04:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey Doug,
Here's my opinion. I have an 88 and a 89 which is for sale. Bullets are a true 31' length and depending on the trailer will determine actual total length. Never measured the 89 but the 88 w/alum trl & chevy crew cab dually is 63' from fr. bumper to transom. I used to drive trucks and with this length you need to be articulate.
Combined total weight of dually-boat trl is 18,780 lbs.
All Bullets that I know of came with head unless they may have been a former race boat.
89 with 454 stock 365 mags wot 60 mph
88 with custom bbc's apprx 550 hp upper 70's maybe better.
My opinion on handling, anything into the 70's, full hydraullic steering a must with any boat. Truely a rough water boat and the ride is stable.

I posted the 89 in the classifieds and boattraderonline for more pics. Really need to sell this boat soon for the real estate deal I spoke with you about. Give me a call and I'll make you a deal, Stan.

Last edited by cig1988; 03-08-2005 at 04:11 AM.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:51 AM
Registered

Stan,

I was looking at that post over the weekend, and that’s what’s got me thinking of a Bullet. I wish I was ready to make a move, but I’m still in the “thinking” stages (hidden meaning = getting money in line)… I agree with you 100% that anything over 60 MPH should have external steering, and probably anything with Bravos period! Growing up on the South Shore of Long Island there was nothing better than the 38’ SE we had at the time. Sure there were faster boats, but nothing better in the rough stuff. The majority of my boating will be here on Lanier; I can reach 4 different ramps within 5 miles. Every once in a while I go to a few other lakes, about an hour drive. I’ll probably be giving you a call to pick your brain a little if you don’t mind.

Thanks,

Doug
Old 03-08-2005, 08:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Anytime Doug, you still have my ph#'s ?

On the boat trader ad's, the pics are much larger & you'll may get a better feel for what your after. My 1st Bullet I've had since '94. I've had the '89 for 3 years and have had my fun with it. Would like to keep it but its either the" house on the lake" or the boat.
The magnum as you already know is a great base for some more horsepower. Whe I rebulit the port engine last summer, it was in clean shape. bolt main, dimple rods, etc. Some heads, exhaust, intake would take it up to the next level.
call me anytime, Stan
Old 03-08-2005, 09:27 AM
Registered

Yup, still got em..
Old 03-08-2005, 09:57 AM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolute great boat, especially for the length and how well it handles the rough stuff. LOTO can get real nasty and we just love the ride, as well as getting a number of positive comments from various riders.

Not positive either but think they all had heads. In fact was under the impression that thats why the starboard side of the deck is higher, to allow more headroom in the head (always sounds funny when I say that)

You can find a number of pics of mine on my website.
www.sunriseuph.com

Good luck.
John
Old 03-08-2005, 10:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by RumRunner
I’ve got some questions for you guys with Bullets:

I’ve always been a fan of the old Flat Deck 38’s, but I think a Bullet will be more in lines with my needs. Not ready to get anything just yet, but would like to do some research?

Do any of you guys know the overall length of a Bullet on a trailer?

How well do they tow?

I keep seeing lots of stories about guys redoing the heads on Bullets. Did the majority of Bullets come with heads?

What type of speeds are they capable with different power?

How well do they handle at higher speeds?

Does anyone have any good pictures of engine compartments, cockpit, and cabin?

Thanks for all of you help.

Doug
I'm certainly no expert, but I'll give my best shot at answering some of your questions. We love our Bullet!!

1. I think that total length with trailer is in the 35-36 foot range.
2. How well do they tow. It depends (of course) what kind of trailer and what you are using for a tow vehicle. I have been using a 2500 Suburban with a big block and I have a 2001 Manning triple axle steel trailer with electric brakes. It has towed like a champ.
3. Did they all come with heads? As far as I know, all Bullets came with the enclosed heads.
4. Speeds??
454 Mags get you 63-63
500HPs get you 73-74
600 HP will get you 80
650 HP will get you 85-86
850HP and shorty drives will get you low 100's
5. Mine handles great. never had an issue. Ideal conditions are a 1-2 foot chop. Flat water will slow you down 4-5 mph at WOT.
6. Pictures to follow
Attached Thumbnails Bullet Questions-hatchdone.jpg   Bullet Questions-s.jpg   Bullet Questions-bullet-twins.jpg  

Old 03-08-2005, 10:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

More pics
Attached Thumbnails Bullet Questions-bullet-cockpit.jpg   Bullet Questions-bullet-cockpit2.jpg   Bullet Questions-helmdone1.jpg  

Old 03-08-2005, 10:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Cabin Pictures...Let me know if you any other questions or if there is anything that I can do to help!!

Craig
Attached Thumbnails Bullet Questions-bullet.cabin1.jpg   Bullet Questions-bullet.cabin2.jpg   Bullet Questions-bullet.cabin3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Bullet Questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.