Notices

Manatee Madness Rally

Old 11-24-2002, 11:54 AM
Stillcrazy

Default Manatee Madness Rally

Rally Sat. had great turn out. Was well suported by City of Cape Coral,and State. Had a hard time just finding a place to park and the news papers were kind in their coverage. I hope that they gained some financial support to fight this thing as we are the tip of the iceberg.This new move by the Manatee Mania does not only effect the Cape but entire S.W. coast from Tampa to Everglades City.

Old 11-24-2002, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I love the manatees

I just love em, broiled with a little lemon on top, the taste kinda reminds ya of a bald eagle or baby harp seal, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Good !!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2002, 01:54 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

See you Dec 2nd. Every boater in the area should attend But I know they wont. This manatee stuff is just pure bull****.

Dan
Old 11-24-2002, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was there..good size crowd but was hoping it would have been bigger.....will definately be at the December 2 meeing.

skip
Old 11-25-2002, 08:37 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Way to go guys!! Sat @ 5:00 AM, I was in a Ryder rental truck, on my way to W.Palm Beach to pick up new furniture for our home, and I got back home around 7:00PM or I would have been there.
I'll be at our meeting on 12/4/02 in Melbourne Fl. and I'll try to make the on 12/06/02 in Daytona Beach.
Here's a SCAREY link, it's all the areas on FL. that the USFWS considers to have INADEQATE Protections. It shows all of Brevard Co. has having INADEQATE Protection!!!

http://northflorida.fws.gov/Manatee/...Protection.pdf

Another link from USFWS site is the Public Inputs. Almost all of the comments for more Manatee protection are either $MC FORM LETTERS or the PAID $MC EMPLLOYEEs!!! You find MD quoted in the Public Input Appendix a few times!

http://northflorida.fws.gov/Manatee/...c_Comments.pdf

We are going to get run over with this Manatee BS, if we don't get UNITED and FUNDED to fight this!
MD
Old 11-25-2002, 08:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

SpectreBoy - SHAME ON YOU !!!!

everybody knows that manatees are best with cheese & onions...
Old 11-25-2002, 10:48 AM
Stillcrazy

Default Manatee Madness Rally

First I know it's cute to joke about Manatees, but we boaters in Florida have a serious battle going on just to preserve our right to boat, unlike Ohio. Just be thankful that Zebra clams or what ever aren't CUTE or they would provide the reason for eliminating boating in Ohio.

Has anyone seen the time for Ft.Myers meeting Dec.2nd. ?

Old 11-25-2002, 04:54 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

6-9pm at the Harborside conv ctr
Old 11-26-2002, 09:12 AM
Stillcrazy

Thanks Dan, I haven't seen anything more about the meeting.

Old 11-26-2002, 10:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great!...Glad people are attending.

For the Tampa/St. Pete area folks we have a meeting on December 3rd at the Holiday Inn, 4732 N. Dale Mabry in Tampa from 6:00pm-9:00pm

See ya there...

Quick Reply: Manatee Madness Rally

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.