Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Tank, Doc and others....Bolster seats >

Tank, Doc and others....Bolster seats

Notices

Tank, Doc and others....Bolster seats

Old 03-02-2003, 12:53 PM
Allan4

Default Tank, Doc and others....Bolster seats

Hey, did you guys ever come up with a sure fire way to fix these bolster seats without pulling the floor and intalling backing plates?? I need to fix the passsenger bolster, bolts have pulled outta the floor. I have tried a few different things, they work for a few weeks and then they fail.

Anyone else have an idea, I know this is a common problem on the Outlaws. I have a 98' 24.

Thanks......ALLAN

Old 03-02-2003, 01:11 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allan,

The last I heard from Tank, the stuff I sent him worked. It is called LabMetal. Is almost like a putty that you use straight out of the can. It hardens and can be drilled, tapped, sanded, etc.

Send me a PM with your address and I'll get you fixed up.

Mark
Old 03-02-2003, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Hey Allan,

The stuff Mark sent has worked really well for me. However I run my boat in some pretty harry sh!t sometimes out in the Pacific Ocean and I think if I came down sidways....Which I have before ....I would knock the bolts out again. I think the only true fix will be the backing plates, but they have been mounted in there now for about 3-4 months and I haven't had any probs yet. I let it set and dry for a week before tapping them though. Try it out, it works good and Mark will take care of ya

Tank
Old 03-02-2003, 08:06 PM
Allan4

WOW.....!! What response time!!!!!! I'm impressed.... I guess Tank uses his 1 hour state supervised recreation time efficiently......HeHeHe......atleast you get 3 square meals a day big guy.............

Gotta love this OSO thing......

Okay, I will send you my info Mark, thanks a ton. I assume you just remove the seat totally, then fill the holes, then drill and tap...correct??

Thanks, Seeya guys.....ALLAN

Hey Tank.....better buy your Cig, becuase someday I might beat ya to it....(okay, so maybe someday is a few years off..... )

Any leads or pics. You gotta buy Devilman's Cig....that is officially my favorite vee on the planet......

Old 03-03-2003, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Allan, Ron's Cig is sweet....A little out of my price range though. I'm looking at early 90's gun or cafe. However, I need to sell my boat first....Of course I'd have to put it up for sale first....Are you getting the way this is going. Every time I take my boat out with that new motor, I just think, "I don't need a new boat, this ones too much fun!!" Can you imaging what it will cost to get a cafe or gun (10,000 pounds at least) up to 85!!?? BIG POWER!!
Old 03-03-2003, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Bolsters

Just take the bolster out and glue in a five gallon bucket like your IROC-Z drivers seat
Old 03-04-2003, 11:02 AM
Allan4

HaHaHa.......It will out run that Maaco paint job Porshce you have....... Anytime funny boy.............HeHeHe......btw, will those headers match up for me, I don;t see why they would not. Need to figure that out before I sell the Gils.

Yo Tank, yeah, you are gonna double your daily boating expense with a big Cig, that is the problem. I bet you are looking a t 700-750hp per side and some stiff drives to hit mid 80's. Does that sound about right?? I know what you mean about an upgrade. I get these wild ideas about trying to go bigger at some point, then I start to think.."DO I really need to do that....?" It's a weekly struggle it seems...

The diff is you are in big water alot and I am not. We run the Ohio river most of the time, Cumberland and other inland lakes. I might make it to Erie one or two times per year, but that's about it. The river can get pretty snotty sometimes, but nothing like BIG water stuff. One thing for sure, I get sick of getting the **** kicked out of me on Poker Runs and rough days, plus I am getting close to the top speed I want to run in this thing...80 is tops, hope to be a daily 75 this season. If I were in big water all the time, or atleast part of the time, then I would love to have a Cafe Racer with blown 540's. How sweet would that be. Run a 420's with moderate boost and see 750hp....coooollllll. Heavy gas hog though....but at that point, you can;t worry about fuel......

Go for it dude, put that 24 up for sale and I'll see you in Havasu....HeHeHe.....

Old 03-04-2003, 11:04 AM
Allan4

Oh yeah, it's not an IROC.....it is a Z-28. Stopped making IROC's in 90, mine's a 91. It needs a super charger....

Old 03-04-2003, 11:37 AM
Registered

Default Bolster

Actually I think you would probably prefer this type of seat!! Then you can move the bolster over to the passenger
Attached Thumbnails Tank, Doc and others....Bolster seats-passengeerestraint.jpg  
Old 03-04-2003, 11:39 AM
Registered

It is PORSCHE anyways...........bring that IROC-Z over and lets race before I sell the thing!!

Quick Reply: Tank, Doc and others....Bolster seats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.