Pat looking for Pirelli Flooring >

Pat looking for Pirelli Flooring

Notices

Pat looking for Pirelli Flooring

Old 03-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pat looking for Pirelli Flooring

Wondering if I can buy Pirelli flooring from Active Thunder for my boat? Looking for the light gray.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:26 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Active Mike...try contacting ActiveFun from OSO. He is a dealer and will help you.

Last edited by Indy; 03-05-2004 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

You might also want to look at www.lonseal.com I found it to be a nicer product and installed it in my boat. I used the LoncoinII pattern
Old 03-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Mike,
Lonseal is what we have always used. We switched to the LonWave a coupla years ago. Indy is correct, LonCoin is what you have.

There phone number is 310-830-7111. I am not sure is they will sell direct or in smaller quantities but give them a call.

Pat.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:55 PM
Registered

Pat / Indy
I was already looking at the Lonseal Loncoin II. My only concern was that it was not UV protected like the Pirelli.
If you guys have been installing it in your boats and haven't had any problem then I will give it a shot.
Do you recommend a glue or epoxy?
Thanks,
Mike
Old 03-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

I used the epoxy, it was an easy and straightforward installation. The epoxy is impervious to water and temperature extreems. It is also forgiving in that you can shift it around during the install before it sets.

As far as the UV goes...I guess I didn't care!! If you look at the big picture, it doesn't really get exposed all that much between storage, winter, cover, cloudy days, and low angle sun. I had it for two two years and looked like new.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Mike,

Quite honestly we just use regular 3M spray contact cement or glue. You can always pull the flooring up and reglue if there's a reason.

Indy, what's the advantage to the epoxy and do you think it would still allow for a reuse if needed? Also, would the fumes be exceptional vs. contact cement? I would appreciate the input.

Also, I agree on the S/P factor. If it was on the deck the answer would be different. When we say 'pirelli' it's more of a generic term.

Thanks, Pat.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Registered

Pat,
I want to wait to see Indy's reply on the comparison from the glue to the epoxy.

Also my Bomar hatch that was installed on the cabin roof by you guy's is in need of some work as all of the hardware and lift cylinders was removed from it. This boat was the smith brothers active thunder boat that was set up for F1 racing. I can't seem to be able to find another replacment hatch that comes in white to replace my old one.
All that I have found are aluminum finished or black, etc.
Where do you guy's purchase yours from and can you give me some direction on this?
Also thanks for your input on the flooring.
You to Indy.
Mike
Old 03-10-2004, 11:31 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike, You own the Smith Bros. Boat huh? Nice boat!! Before we bought our AT we went down to see "your" boat. Put it this way ...that was all I needed....ordered one right away!! Love it!
Old 03-10-2004, 11:35 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

that picture sucked...........

Quick Reply: Pat looking for Pirelli Flooring

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.